2009 Bass Tracker PGV16Combo Taking on Water

Started by tonline2011, May 14, 2018, 12:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonline2011

Question for my bass tracker family. I recently purchased a 2009 Bass tracker and its taking on water and for the life of me i can not figure why or where its coming from. This past weekend was my third time taking it out. Lets just say the first time out i forgot to put the drain plug in (new pair of drawers). Second time out hit a dang sand bar about a mile from shore no one in sight (another new pair of drawers). Third time was this weekend took the wife and kids out. While out trolling along my wife asked are we going slower i was like yes. At this point i was think maybe the battery for the trolling motor went dead. I was like no i just bought this battery and i made sure it was fully charged. So i looked at the boat and normally the front sits higher than the back and it was level with the rest of the boat. So i had my daughter turn on the bilge pump. Sure enough water start pouring out. (3 pair of drawers needed Got back to the bank got the boat on the trailer pulled the drain plug and a good amount of water came out. So this morning i went out and took off the cover right above the bilge pump and filled it with water to see if i seen any leaks. NO water coming out i filled it up past the bolts that hold the motor on. I know that this is a long post but i wanted to make sure i included everything. Because i can afford to keep buying drawers. And also i used the live well i really do not know how they work. I put it on auto and it came on and went off and it did this a number of times before it was actually full. I will try to add pics of the boat some one may have that same one with the same problem

Princeton_Man

My thoughts involve your livewell, the livewell intake and livewell overflow. You can try filling the livewell past it's capacity while trailered or closing the livewell intake.

Could be you damaged a water intake when you hit the sand bar.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

tonline2011

I will check that out and see what i come up with. Thanks for the input. Will let you know if that is the problem.

Princeton_Man

Quote from: tonline2011 on May 14, 2018, 07:37:40 PM
I will check that out and see what i come up with. Thanks for the input. Will let you know if that is the problem.

If that doesn't turn up anything, you might also try lowering the trailer jack and running water into the bilge so that it runs forward. It may take a bit but if there's leaking seam, that should find it.

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Oldfart9999

Jim gave you 2 good things to check, I would add the livewell drain hose could be leaking allowing water to come in.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Princeton_Man

I'm wondering how hard you hit the sand bar?? If the livewell overflow is on the front section of the boat and you hit on an angle, it may be plugged with sand/debris.  :-*

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

tonline2011

Thanks fellas for the advice,as soon as it stops raining i will give a look at everything you all have suggested.

Oldfart9999

Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

muzz

Goldstar225

He hasn't been back to the site since May 15th.

muzz

I wish folks would come back and say what was wrong, and the fix.
I've read so many things on forums, and at least 1/2 the time the thread just dies without answers....
I hate that, cuz we learn nothing.