2018 FLBR Classic!!

Started by Capt. BassinLou, May 14, 2018, 01:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarryFL

October is a transition month. Can be 80f and calm one day, 50f and windy the next. I thought the weather last year was ok. Just a little wind on Saturday.

~Barry~

~Barry~

LgMouthGambler

Meh. Just shut up and fish.  lo
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Boats ready for Kissimmee. Had a few things that needed to be fixed and some precautionary maintenance in the outboard. Boat is good to go.  ~bb

BarryFL

Less than two months to go. Water level is higher than normal and cooler due to all the rain. Not as high as last year but high enough to have current in areas and the river channel.

~Barry~

~Barry~

cport

Quote from: TR21FL on August 13, 2018, 07:39:52 PM
Less than two months to go. Water level is higher than normal and cooler due to all the rain. Not as high as last year but high enough to have current in areas and the river channel.

~Barry~
Hopefully some flow in that spot...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Deadeye

Quote from: TR21FL on August 13, 2018, 07:44:42 AM
October is a transition month. Can be 80f and calm one day, 50f and windy the next. I thought the weather last year was ok. Just a little wind on Saturday.

~Barry~

Me too. But that was due to having the Ranger for the first time. Before in my small boat it would of seemed worse.

FD

Roberto

Are you still coming for the weekend or so I have an empty back seat?

swim/bike/run....repeat

Sent from the end of the paved road.....
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: FD on August 16, 2018, 03:25:08 AM
Roberto

Are you still coming for the weekend or so I have an empty back seat?

swim/bike/run....repeat

I've reached out to him so he can come on here and let you know when he gets a chance.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

rchiuz

I am not sure yet. I will know for sure by Tuesday when I get back to work. In case I am able to, I can only do Friday and Saturday  because I have guests from out of town on Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is the worst thing about being a bank fisher? Always having to watch out for dog poop LOL

basss

Just found this thread ... I'm in (boater) if there are still spots.  Just fished Kissimmee this weekend.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: basss on August 17, 2018, 11:12:52 AM
Just found this thread ... I'm in (boater) if there are still spots.  Just fished Kissimmee this weekend.

We would love to have you, just make sure your you participate for the month of September's FLBR. We are just past the half way mark for August and Sept's FLBR will kick off on Saturday Sept 1st.

basss

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 17, 2018, 11:16:29 AM
We would love to have you, just make sure your you participate for the month of September's FLBR. We are just past the half way mark for August and Sept's FLBR will kick off on Saturday Sept 1st.

Awesome, will do.  Was going to do August's FLBR, but saw on the rules I had to declare in by 6th.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: basss on August 17, 2018, 11:30:53 AM
Awesome, will do.  Was going to do August's FLBR, but saw on the rules I had to declare in by 6th.
You are correct, August is closed but we look forward to your participation in September. In the meantime hang out with us and get know the players. :)

cport

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 17, 2018, 11:41:32 AM
In the meantime hang out with us and get know the players. :)

You may be playin', but I'm competing lo
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: cport on August 17, 2018, 12:03:00 PM
You may be playin', but I'm competing lo
Lol!! I was just being nice welcoming the new blood.

basss

New blood?

Bleeding is involved?  Maybe Ill just watch for a couple cycles first.  Bleeding kinda hurts.

1995 Gheenoe Highsider

SFL BassHunter

"I ain't got time to bleed!" - Sgt. Blain

Welcome to FLBR basss!
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Its only blood, dont be a wuss
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: basss on August 17, 2018, 01:06:58 PM
New blood?

Bleeding is involved?  Maybe Ill just watch for a couple cycles first.  Bleeding kinda hurts.

Oh... you didn't read the fine print on the rules page? There's a blood pact.  lo lo

BarryFL

I'm a bass slayer player.

~Barry~

~Barry~

LgMouthGambler

basss

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 17, 2018, 01:59:10 PM
Oh... you didn't read the fine print on the rules page? There's a blood pact.  lo lo

:shocking:
1995 Gheenoe Highsider

FD

Quote from: rchiuz on August 16, 2018, 12:49:23 PM
I am not sure yet. I will know for sure by Tuesday when I get back to work. In case I am able to, I can only do Friday and Saturday  because I have guests from out of town on Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No worries. My Son will probably come fish with me on Sunday if you're not.

swim/bike/run....repeat

Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Deadeye

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 17, 2018, 01:23:19 PM
Its only blood, dont be a wuss

Says the Guy who won't play with us anymore.

C'mon man it's time to come back and join us again. Heck play next month and you can be IN for the Classic!

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Deadeye on August 18, 2018, 04:31:30 AM
Says the Guy who won't play with us anymore.

C'mon man it's time to come back and join us again. Heck play next month and you can be IN for the Classic!

I would, but I have too much fun just fishing for whatever I feel like at the time. It kind of trapped me into spending the possible only 2 times a month I might get to fish targeting bass. Felt like I was back in fishing tournaments, and there was the reason I stopped.