Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Top of the Line Dobyns Rod  (Read 5551 times)

TrueGritAngler

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Re: New Top of the Line Dobyns Rod
« Reply #125 on: May 21, 2018, 07:57:07 AM »

With casting I believe you'd need something in a 2 power rating for Ned Rigs. A 3 power will work and I'd suggest if if fishing around a lot of cover but  2 power will fish better. I don't plan on making a 2 power casting right now in a super high end rod. Simple reason is we don't sell enough to justify it. We do make several 2 power casting rods in various series. THX!!!
Thanks for that bit of info Gary!! I just noticed the DX 702 Finesse Special. I think turning 40 next month would give me a great reason to buy myself one for my birthday!! Oh it looks so nice..
By the way I'm enjoying the 734 and 735 Furys I have!!
Instagram @truegritangler

Gary Dobyns

• Sponsors
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2018, 01:20:24 AM »

The DX 702C Finesse is a fun rod. It easily fishes light lines in 6-8 pound class. It's perfect for Ned Rigs and even the small weightless Senkos. It's not a rod we sell a ton of but it's one I built for myself because I like throwing light stuff on casting rod at times. Very light and sensitive rod. THX!!

TrueGritAngler

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
New Top of the Line Dobyns Rod
« Reply #127 on: May 22, 2018, 04:18:48 AM »

The DX 702C Finesse is a fun rod. It easily fishes light lines in 6-8 pound class. It's perfect for Ned Rigs and even the small weightless Senkos. It's not a rod we sell a ton of but it's one I built for myself because I like throwing light stuff on casting rod at times. Very light and sensitive rod. THX!!
Thanks again sir, I have just a quick question. I don't have any dealers in my immediate area that carry these rods. So I can't really get a feel for it and put my own hands on it. Does the DX 702C have plenty of backbone? Is it tippy? How would you describe it?
Instagram @truegritangler

Gary Dobyns

• Sponsors
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #128 on: May 23, 2018, 09:32:18 PM »

The rod is not whippy and has a good tip. But it's a 2 power FINESSE so I'd really call it a 1 1/2 power so it doesn't have a lot of backbone. If you're thinking of 6-8 lb test line it will be awesome. If thinking of 10 lb or about I think you'll be disappointed. I did fight a 5 foot Sturgeon for an hour and 20 min on this rod. Wasn't much to fight with I just held on and chased him around the lake :)  It's a fun rod for sure. I'd base my opinion on line size and cover you're fishing. THX!!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 25 queries.