Most memorable day with a Dobyns?

Started by JDV, May 10, 2018, 11:44:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDV

Anybody care to share some of their memorable days of fishing with their Dobyns rods?  Big catches, pulling out dozens, the one that got away? 

I had just a picture perfect morning before work today with just over an hour to fish before heading into the office.  It was a nice upper 60 degree day, and calm water when I walked up to the bank with my brand new Champion 764cb rm, my battle tested 705cb, and my Fury 795sb rod rigged up with an Alabama Rig, trying to decide how to start.   

I saw a ton of surface activity and bass chasing baitfish at the surface and decided to start by chucking the A-rig out past the surface activity and it wasn't but 3-4 casts before I hooked into my first good sized bass, a nice healthy 3.5lb large mouth.   Tossed it back out after a photo and tug on the scale and a few minutes later pulled out a 2.5lber, then a 2lber.   Kept at it, and a few minutes later a school of white bass must've been in the area because I pulled them in one after the other.   I had to force myself to put the A-rig down so I could test out my new 764cb rm and just a few casts is all it to to break the ice and land another nice bass.  Added a few more, and all together I landed 15 total from the bank, 12 on the A-Rig, and 3 on the 764cb rm in just an hour for one of my most memorable days of fishing.   Best part was not a single fish came unbuttoned, and I absolutely love the power and action of both the 795sb and 764cb!   Maybe the longer rods are growing on me after all... lo

JDV

Stren_g

Got this post spawn 19.5" yesterday. Dobyns colt 734c, chart/white buzzbait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zippyduck

I have never been a crankbait guy. But bought a DC735cb glass this year with the premise that at least I can throw spinnetbaits on it.
Well it has caught more bass than all my other rods this year and all on a crankbait.
Including this day and the next where a 20 lb bag was put in the boat.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Mike Cork

All my big bass have come on Dobyns Rods (been fishing them for quite a few years)... But my most memorable I would have to say is this 12.4 caught during and American Bass Anglers Tournament.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Dink Dawg

First fish on a Dobyns Beast spinnerbait.  Wrong stinking photo.

Dink Dawg

Mike Cork

You need to send that one to Gary Dink Dawg, It could make the catalog with the hoodie :-*

Cork's Reel Service

Dink Dawg

Thanks Mike.  I emailed that one and another to Gary about a week ago.  The Dobyns 736CB Glass and Beast spinnerbait was very good to me that day.

Doug

Mike Cork

Quote from: Dink Dawg on May 15, 2018, 02:39:48 PM
Thanks Mike.  I emailed that one and another to Gary about a week ago.  The Dobyns 736CB Glass and Beast spinnerbait was very good to me that day.

Doug

Awesome on all accounts ~c~

Cork's Reel Service

basss

Now that's how you start a work day.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard

Gary Dobyns

Great stuff guys. Doug, I did not get that photo and I've love to have it. please send again to: [Please enable JavaScript to see this content] and also to [Please enable JavaScript to see this content]

For some reason I've been missing emails. They're not in my junk folder so I don't have a clue. I simply figure I have this effect on computers. Lyndi seems to get hers so please copy both of us. THX a TON!!!

rb-nc

Was thinking about this on Saturday. It was on a Friday October 13th a few years back. I had taken a couple of days off work to go down and work at Mom and Dad's. Took the boat with me so I could hit our local lake there. Fished every afternoon after I had worked around the house. I had this strange feeling that I was missing something. It hit me on Thursday night. I had been seeing big gizzard shad jump out of the way of the trolling motor. The big gizzards were going through a second spawn. Well I did some retied some baits and was going to go early. Woke up at 3 and couldn't go back to sleep, so off to the lake it was. Just crushed the 3-4 pound fish on a 3/4oz spinnerbait before daylight. When the sun came up picked up the 704c with a nail weighted 912 Senko. Proceeded to get a 12 and an 8 off the same dock along with two 6's. 10 days later the company I worked for laid me off. It was 18 months before I wet another line. The good Lord knew what I was about to go through and truley blessed me that day. Funny about those days. I can even remember what I was wearing and which parking stall I was in. To this day that 704C is my favorite all time rod