Central Louisiana

Started by brittain.mathew, May 18, 2018, 01:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brittain.mathew

Any good places in central louisiana other than red river to go to for bass?

SteelHorseCowboy

Google maps is your BFF in trying to find new places to fish.
Whereabouts in Central LA, and are you bank fishing, using small boats, or bass boat?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

SteelHorseCowboy

There's water everywhere, the question is, do you need a ramp?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

fishin couillon

There are lots of places...assuming you have a boat; Red River, Pool 1,2,3, Saline/Larto, Kincade, Cotile, Cleco Lake, Indian Creek, Black River Lake.....just to name a few...

Msn26753

All the Lakes have different Pros and Cons... The Lakes I find I like to fish, others dont..lol.. Maybe thats why I struggle at catching bass...lol Heres a quick Rundown and what I have experienced...

Red River- North of Alexandria the better.. Alexandria Is ok, I fish it because its Close... Colfax, St Maurice is better, but farther away...

Buhlow Lake- Shallow lake all the way across, Great easy in and out.. Halfway decent with bass.. No structure to fish except for that Crab grass on the sides...

Kincaid Lake- My Favorite.. Its a Clear Water lake (Louisiana Clear that is).. Half Stumpy half not... Lots of different types of structures Islands, docks, stumps, grass, and lilly pads.

Cotile Lake- Dirtier water then Kincaid, lots of good fishing , Lake is probably 3/4 stumpy except for small recreational area and boat rows... Great fishing if you can make it to your spot..

Cleco Lake - Great Wintertime lake.. Never hear much about it in summer, but thats all you hear about in winter.. Cleco keeps the water warm... Bass love it

Indian Creek- Never hear too much, I dont know why, its great lake for Bass.. Several guys tell me its more of a post spawn lake.. I dont think so, I think its a good all around lake.. Although I havent fished it much... I think the locals know the honey holes..

Iatt Lake- Was good fishing, real grassy, tons of stumps and cypress trees.. This is one of the Dont Even Start your engine Lakes... Its pretty much Trolling Motor all the way...

Saline/Larto- Bring a map... Dont ask the locals too many questions. This is a lake that is more like alot of bayous coming together.. Its like a maze and people have gotten lost out there.. and again, dont ask the locals too many questions, or you might become lost yourself...lol... Its a great lake for all kind of fishing... Its the diamond in the rough lake.. Just again, its a maze, so be careful. The only time this lake isnt producing, is when its flooded.. which happens every couple of years lately..

Spring Bayou- Never fished it, been to it.. Looks very gatorish... Lots and lots of gators... The fishing is good. I heard the last few years been bad do to water being low... Again, I havent fished it, but I know some friends love it...

Little River- Again , Like Saline, dont ask the locals too many questions... Its another good spot in the summertime when the water is right... Lots of structures to fish, not like the red river..

Hardwater Lake- Only known to the locals... Ever seen the picture of the lawnchair floating on 2 barrells with a stringer attached.. This is the kind of stuff you see at hardwater.. Hidden deep in the woods, it is a great grassy lake... I heard the Grass was too bad last few years.. I know its been flooded this year up to last few weeks... Great lake for bass...

Hope this helps..