If it looks stupid, but works, it ain’t stupid

Started by Smalls, May 22, 2018, 01:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smalls

The only couple of systems I've seen to carry multiple rods while bank fishing are expensive like $50-60. No thanks, I'll ghetto engineer something.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Smalls Rack.

It'll hold your rods! It'll clean your... no, wait, sorry. All it does is hold rods. But it was dirt cheap and it does a good job of keeping my hands relatively free and keeps my rods offf the rocks.

I've had multiple people stop and ask me about it while walking up and down the piers, I figured some of you  might find it useful or helpful

the_huber_show

Fishbrain: The_Huber_Show

zippyduck

3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

basss

1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard

Smalls

Quote from: basss on May 22, 2018, 02:43:06 PM
Make 'em and sell 'em ... when people ask.

Thought about figuring out how to make a plastic mold of it, and selling it. But honestly, with how aggravated I became trying to figure out a cost effective way to carry rods around, I'll gladly just show anyone interested how to make it. I can imagine other bank fisherman are just as aggravated as I was.

Oldfart9999

Already been done and they are expensive. lo lo They don't work any better though, just check out the catalogs. Your's doesn't look stupid, saved you some money, made life easier and works, can't ask for any more. ~c~ ~c~ ~c~
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

bassmedic46

Simple and effective. I am interested in making one.
A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Take a kid fishing

Smalls

I just took a Berkeley wall mounted rod rack and screwed it onto to pieces of wood. I just got a new bed set, and used two of the slats that sat under the mattress of my old bed, seems to be a good length.

Smallie_Stalker

I like simple but effective stuff like this.

Sent from my LG-H932 (LG V30 Plus) using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire