June 2018 IBASS BS thread

Started by zippyduck, May 31, 2018, 11:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zippyduck

What are you laughing about?  ~rant You have been too close before and lost.  ~xyz I am rooting for you hard to finally kick that Dudes butt.  ~bb
Now go catch them or else.  lo
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

SteveTX

Quote from: zippyduck on June 20, 2018, 10:30:18 PM
What are you laughing about?  ~rant You have been too close before and lost.  ~xyz I am rooting for you hard to finally kick that Dudes butt.  ~bb
Now go catch them or else.  lo
I have been close ?  When  :shocking:  lo
Oh I just let these fellas put their fish up there so they feel good about winning.  ~shhh  Got to keep them playing.
If I won all the time they would take their toys and go home.  ~roflmao

However one month I will take the 1st place prize if it was meant to be.  ;)

Thanks for rooting for me I do plan to stay in contention and hopefully win one.

Lipripper

Quote from: SteveTX on June 20, 2018, 10:46:30 PM
I have been close ?  When  :shocking:  lo
Oh I just let these fellas put their fish up there so they feel good about winning.  ~shhh  Got to keep them playing.
If I won all the time they would take their toys and go home.  ~roflmao

However one month I will take the 1st place prize if it was meant to be.  ;)

Thanks for rooting for me I do plan to stay in contention and hopefully win one.
Keep trying Steve sooner or later you will get the  ~1 trophy  ~bb

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

zippyduck

So as of right now we have ties in both divisions.

The thing is both divisions are lead by guys in the same areas.

Cool Casters has two PA. boys in the lead.

Hot Rodders has two Eastern Texas, Western La. boys in the lead.

Is this a coincidence or does weather patterns help some guys out.

I believe the wet weather in Florida is holding some guys down the same as the Midwest is getting hammered also.

Steve and Mike have had a lot of stable weather till the last couple of days.

Same with Stan and I.

CraigP83

Work is holding me down.  It's been terrible, I started looking for a new career.  How are you PA guys catching them?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

zippyduck

Quote from: CraigP83 on June 21, 2018, 07:14:56 PM
Work is holding me down.  It's been terrible, I started looking for a new career.  How are you PA guys catching them?

For me its been all over the board. Smallies on jigs, largies on senkos and topwater.
My biggest two came on a,tube and a swimbait.

bassmanstan

The other night and tonight, it's been on t rigged senkos, skipped under bushes and around trees. Some topwater as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryFL

What's holding us Florida Anglers down is that we're two or three months ahead of the rest of the country for big fish. Okeechobee, Kissimmee, Toho all spawned out in January and February.

-Barry-

~Barry~

zippyduck

Quote from: TR21PDCTampa on June 21, 2018, 07:57:15 PM
What's holding us Florida Anglers down is that we're two or three months ahead of the rest of the country for big fish. Okeechobee, Kissimmee, Toho all spawned out in January and February.

-Barry-

So did Louisiana, Texas, California, Alabama, and Mississippi. Who you are competing against.
Heck last month Northern Louisiana had water temps in the 90's.

CraigP83

Quote from: TR21PDCTampa on June 21, 2018, 07:57:15 PM

-Barry-
Okeechobee wasn't spawned out in mid-March

D.W. Verts

Wowee. That's a Fatty. What a weird year...

I ain't catchin' them 'cuz I ain't fishin'. Watch out when I do (smack talk).
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

ItsJason

Wanted to share this pic of the 16.5 I caught. Check the lower jaw. Completely broken in half.
Seemed nice and healthy otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

zippyduck

OK its the weekend and its supposed to rain but I can't let bassmanstan beat me so here goes the soggy shoe weekend.

bassmanstan

I can't fish the weekend, so maybe you have a shot you'd think sooner or later I could run into a fish bigger than 18", but it ain't easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveTX

I had 2 hours this afternoon to try and gain a few inches. The best I could do is this 19" and several young bucks.  :( No help for me. Maybe next week got too much going on this weekend.

Lipripper

zippy get out there in the  ~rain and you might get some nice fish and since bassmanstan can't fish you might gain some ground on him.  lo lo

ItsJason

A few from today:
Zombie Bass

This ambitious little guy:

Back story: this slough runs through an abandoned golf course. The reason it had to be abandoned is because it is so very, very polluted, they decided to move it. The whole place literally smells, is chocked with debris and trash, etc. And there was a family there swimming...

I guess in there defense it was a little warm...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

D.W. Verts

Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

zippyduck

Jason,
Nice catching and that is very HOT!  ~sweat

ItsJason

Quote from: zippyduck on June 25, 2018, 12:25:47 AM
Jason,
Nice catching and that is very HOT!  ~sweat
Thanks Zippy!
Not to nag, but my total should be 78.5, not 78.0

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

zippyduck

Quote from: ItsJason on June 25, 2018, 05:33:46 PM
Thanks Zippy!
Not to nag, but my total should be 78.5, not 78.0

Nag away!

If anyone has a question about their points please let me know.

Lipripper

That is a nice looking Bass and I wouldn't be swimming in that stuff. :shocking:

ItsJason

Quote from: Lipripper on June 25, 2018, 06:32:23 PM
That is a nice looking Bass and I wouldn't be swimming in that stuff. :shocking:
It's the single must disgusting body of water I know about. Literally. I think I'd take it over a sewage treatment plant, but that would be about it.
We live on the eastern edge of the sierras. Theres a prestine river running right through town and literally dozens of prestine lakes within 20 minutes. I don't get why you'd chose the slough haha.
Its the kinda place you still smell, even after showering, after a few hours of fishing.

Lipripper

Quote from: ItsJason on June 25, 2018, 06:47:39 PM
It's the single must disgusting body of water I know about. Literally. I think I'd take it over a sewage treatment plant, but that would be about it.
We live on the eastern edge of the sierras. Theres a prestine river running right through town and literally dozens of prestine lakes within 20 minutes. I don't get why you'd chose the slough haha.
Its the kinda place you still smell, even after showering, after a few hours of fishing.

Kind of sounds like some of them retention ponds I fish in around here. I've caught some nice fish out of them but now way would I eat one of them.

zippyduck

Stan I ok'd it although it was tempting not to.  ;)
Now I need an 18.50" to beat you.