Black Bayou Benton Catfishing 1 June 2018

Started by Mike Cork, June 04, 2018, 09:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

Black Bayou Benton Catfishing 1 June 2018

It's still kind of slow, or we've missed it. We only managed 8 rod and reel bites before dark and only boated half of those. Three were a perfect pound and a half keepers and then this one...

She jerked the rod clean off the deck of the boat. Laurie wanted to go swimming anyway because it was brutally hot...

I'm hoping to run some noodles this week and see what happens after dark.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

soonerbass

Mike,

Are you using chicken liver for bait? I know last year I got into the catfish pretty good out there on rod and reel in July.

Lipripper

That's a nice looking catfish Mike and them pound and a half ones are good fried in the pan served with taters and hush puppies and pork and beans and some sweet tea.  

Now that's something I haven't done in a long time noodling at night. I sure miss that.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Mike Cork

Quote from: soonerbass on June 04, 2018, 10:20:49 AM
Mike,

Are you using chicken liver for bait? I know last year I got into the catfish pretty good out there on rod and reel in July.

We use cut bream. It's part of our process, Laurie loves catching a few bream to use as bait LOL. Liver and the prepared blood baits you get at Academy work great too.

Cork's Reel Service

SteelHorseCowboy

Quote from: Mike Cork on June 04, 2018, 01:05:29 PM
We use cut bream. It's part of our process, Laurie loves catching a few bream to use as bait LOL. Liver and the prepared blood baits you get at Academy work great too.
I just posted in the BS'n thread, the catfish were the ones harassing me instead of the other way around two days ago. I was using old Italian sausages I found while cleaning out the fridge and caught a ton. Two rods and reels, as soon as I'd get one hook baited and back in the water the other rod would start jumping around.
Yesterday, same spot, same bait, and NOTHING.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mike Cork

I've got a couple places on Black Bayou that I can always catch one or two. But I have a couple places that you either stay so busy you can't keep up or your whistling in the wind. Weird how it works but they can be as fickle as bass.

Cork's Reel Service

bassadict69

Mike, did ya'll ever get out and run some noodles? I have been slacking this year and haven't ran them at all so far...

Mike Cork

No sir. I was actually going to try and take the boys this week but it didn't work out. Maybe next week.

Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

Quote from: Mike Cork on July 19, 2018, 12:49:47 PM
No sir. I was actually going to try and take the boys this week but it didn't work out. Maybe next week.
Hope it works out them boy will love it. ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet