HELP................LOOKING TO BUY A RESERVOIR RIG ..............HELP

Started by danny23, June 04, 2018, 05:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danny23

im looking to buy a reservoir rig boat.......

BOAT....

looking for  a 16ft or greater size boat ( maybe a 14ft if its really loaded)

MOTOR

im looking for a 36v or higher motor
Ray
torqeedo
golf cart
etc......

please send pictures....

please contact me at

[Please enable JavaScript to see this content]

thank you very much......................23
if anyone would like a person   to fish with at loch raven , liberty or prettyboy  just let me know.  i am hoping to meet and make a few new fishing buddies and catch some nice bass  in the process so if anyone is interested you can contact me at  [Please enable JavaScript to see this content]................thanks23

acwatkins

Have you considered building one? Buying something like that can get pricey. There are lots of jon boats available for cheap and with some time and cash you can build a heck of a rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danny23

i would love to build my own..but i want to get out on the water asap...i want to get my dad out trying to catch fish....he is 74 yrs. old and we really cant do much bank fishing anymore................. ........23
if anyone would like a person   to fish with at loch raven , liberty or prettyboy  just let me know.  i am hoping to meet and make a few new fishing buddies and catch some nice bass  in the process so if anyone is interested you can contact me at  [Please enable JavaScript to see this content]................thanks23

HogHunter17

Type in "Reservoir Boat" on Craigslist... there are a few for sale. I would however recommend building your own as well, as acwatkins stated, you can customize it how you would like to who you are going to take out in the future. Buy a shell 16ft+ and utilize the shell until you get out on the water and figure out what type of layout you would like.

It is a possibility but will be difficult to find a fully rigged electric boat for sale this far into the season, maybe towards the end when the reservoirs will close in Decemeber. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Kris

I thought I might tell you what I did with my first and second reservoir rigs.
My first one was a 1981 Grumman 14 ft, V-Jon. Kind of a V front with sides much like a jon boat, not as much taper with a 52 inch floor at the stern. Major problem with it was that it was hit with an outboard on the back that slightly bent the stern. I didn't care because I didn't plan on putting a gas motor on it again. My Buddy fishandkamp found it at a dealer in Harrisburg, PA and I got the boat and trailer for $500. Almost everything on the boat was purchased used and I was on the water in a short period of time. I sold the boat to finish my present one for $1750.
A Friend gave me a 1973 Ouachita 1648 that he had been given. The inside of the boat was not adequate for a guy my size so I took it all out. I wanted a boat that I could fall into and not out as easy as a high deck style. Most everything in this boat was purchased new. I have a touch over $3000 in it and it has never let me down. The only used parts in it are batteries which I will probably replace this Season.
Not sure how handy you are but building your own is a good thing because you know what everything is and where it is. I am sure you can find all the online help you can handle here and other reservoir guys that you know. Your biggest investment, from what you have said, would be the stern mount motor. Torqueedos and Ray Motors are not cheap and then you have to buy batteries. Let us know what you decide.
Reservoir fishing in MD, Vietnam Vet, Retired
Ouachita 16' Model B, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Raymarine
Moderator - Maryland Fishing Reports and Chat

danny23

hey guys thanks for all of the advice........i would love to build what i want ...that would be great...but ...i work so much i only have little time to myself and i really wanted to use that time fishing......i was thinking about getting a boat and having it decked out( not sure what it cost)...i am a little handy and im sure i could figure most things out(except motor and batteries) but with what time im dealing with i wouldnt be on the water til next year.....i just wanted to get myself my dad and my son out as soon as possible.....

im hoping to get a good boat at a good price.....i know its a long shot but .....with the help of everyone here im hoping i can get lucky ...
thanks to everyone here for your insight and please keep me in mind if you come  across anything.....................23

HogHunter17

Here's one that meets what you are describing;
https://baltimore.craigslist.org/boa/d/landau-bass-jon-boat/6606949288.html

You can also look up Reservoir Boat Works, they build great rigs for people.

jyu87

2018 Tracker 190TX
Mercury 115 ProXS
Lowrance HDS 12 & 9 Gen3

cport

Quote from: HogHunter17 on June 06, 2018, 08:30:52 AM
Here's one that meets what you are describing;
https://baltimore.craigslist.org/boa/d/landau-bass-jon-boat/6606949288.html

You can also look up Reservoir Boat Works, they build great rigs for people.
Wow, I looked at that just for giggles and that seems to be a great deal
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

danny23

i contacted him ......he said he had someone coming over to look at the boat........i told let me know either way....ive since tried to get back to him boat he wont even return my call so i guess he sold it.............23

danny23

Kris

Man, sorry to hear you missed out on that deal Danny.
You might want to contact Reservoir Boat Works and see what they have. They outfit some really nice boats and offer some really nice options for power and batteries. They will probably be the upper end of your budget because of labor and new parts.
How about getting a "bare bones" rig not to get on the water and have Reservoir Boat Works give it a facelift or do it yourself over the Winter? Just another possible option.

Kris

Hey Danny, Just came back from Craigslist Baltimore. My first reservoir boat, definitely barebones, is on there for sale, $2200. Do a search for "Reservoir Boat", that is what the listing says. Again, definitely barefones. I opted to do more with the sixteen footer I was given.

jchez444

I'm looking also, still tossed between that or an aluminum bass boat for river. Currently not a whole bunch but on craigslist.

jyu87

Quote from: danny23 on June 09, 2018, 05:47:16 AM
h
depends on the boat..............23

Okay. So at the end of the day, based on all your specifications, how much?

This is very important to know beforehand before you start looking and wasting time. You are asking for some high dollar items on your initial request.
2018 Tracker 190TX
Mercury 115 ProXS
Lowrance HDS 12 & 9 Gen3

danny23

I PURCHASED A  BOAT EVERYONE.......THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP.

danny23

Quote from: danny23 on June 12, 2018, 01:20:18 PM
I PURCHASED A  BOAT EVERYONE.......THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP.
just had everything tagged and titled in my name.......
taking it out this week.....

ALSO......i want to give a shout  to the person who helped me.....Tyler Judd......he is the reason i got the boat......thanks23

acwatkins

Kris

Congratulations Danny. Post some pics of what you got so we can see it. All us fishing junkies need that kind of stuff to keep us going. If you have trouble posting the pics send Kris a PM and I can post them for you.

cport

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣