Gotta be a few Huskers here...

Started by Stren_g, June 07, 2018, 08:32:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stren_g

Come on now, where are ya'll? I know there has to be a few Huskers hangin around.

allaboutfun

Tough to find this page.  Live in Omaha, 2nd year into ownership of a bass boat. Previous boats were pleasure boats. Generally fish local lakes but joined a bass club this year and going to my first tournament this Saturday - Lake Anita in Iowa - should be interesting.
Have connections in the Ozarks but have never fished there. Going to try and go soon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

allaboutfun

Oh, GO HUSKERS! Gonna have a freshman there this fall. He's going to be there during a good time for football (I hope)

Lipripper

Quote from: allaboutfun on July 17, 2018, 05:18:11 PM
Tough to find this page.  Live in Omaha, 2nd year into ownership of a bass boat. Previous boats were pleasure boats. Generally fish local lakes but joined a bass club this year and going to my first tournament this Saturday - Lake Anita in Iowa - should be interesting.
Have connections in the Ozarks but have never fished there. Going to try and go soon.

What parts of the Ozarks ?

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

allaboutfun

MM 38.5 Silver Sands

Lipripper

Quote from: allaboutfun on July 17, 2018, 05:24:00 PM
MM 38.5 Silver Sands

That's some beautiful country around there.

Quote from: allaboutfun on July 17, 2018, 05:20:16 PM
Oh, GO HUSKERS! Gonna have a freshman there this fall. He's going to be there during a good time for football (I hope)

So is he going to be playing or just going.  ;D They use to have a great football program and good teams.

allaboutfun

I've got a sister & bil that keep a 36' Carver there and they have small cabins to rent so it works out well.
Wish he was playing football...  probably be allot of beer pong games though - ha

Lipripper

Quote from: allaboutfun on July 17, 2018, 05:42:04 PM
I've got a sister & bil that keep a 36' Carver there and they have small cabins to rent so it works out well.
Wish he was playing football...  probably be allot of beer pong games though - ha

You just described most of the collage campuses with that one statement  ~roflmao ~roflmao

allaboutfun

No doubt. As long as he gets his degree and comes out in one piece...

Lipripper

Quote from: allaboutfun on July 17, 2018, 05:49:35 PM
No doubt. As long as he gets his degree and comes out in one piece...

What degree is he going for?

allaboutfun

Construction management

Lipripper

Quote from: allaboutfun on July 17, 2018, 05:51:44 PM
Construction management

Good for him and with all the Construction  going on management might be a good field to get into. He going to shoot for a MBA or a Undergraduate degree ?

allaboutfun

BA

Lipripper

Quote from: allaboutfun on July 17, 2018, 06:00:14 PM
BA

He get a scholarship or are you going to have to get a second job to help pay for it.  ;D

allaboutfun

No scholarship, unfortunately.

Lipripper

Quote from: allaboutfun on July 17, 2018, 07:27:38 PM
No scholarship, unfortunately.

That makes it tuff. Maybe he could get a student loan or grant or something to help pay for it.

allaboutfun

He's working full time in the summer so he can have some spending money during the school year. Otherwise we can handle the costs - been planning for this for a long time.

Lipripper

Quote from: allaboutfun on July 18, 2018, 04:22:08 PM
He's working full time in the summer so he can have some spending money during the school year. Otherwise we can handle the costs - been planning for this for a long time.

That good to help him out as much as you can and planning for it for a long time was a smart move.  8)

Steve81

I live in Omaha as well although I'm a transplant. So not an actual Husker. I've been here since March 2017. Might be leaving again in the spring but not sure yet. I fish walnut creek and prairie queen occasionally. But my favorite local (kinda) lake is Okoboji. That place is magical!

coldfront

Quote from: Steve81 on August 04, 2018, 01:05:55 PM
I live in Omaha as well although I'm a transplant. So not an actual Husker. I've been here since March 2017. Might be leaving again in the spring but not sure yet. I fish walnut creek and prairie queen occasionally. But my favorite local (kinda) lake is Okoboji. That place is magical!

If you haven't been up to SD and fished Clear, Roy and that area, you really should before you leave the area.  last week of May/first week of June.

Steve81

Quote from: coldfront on August 04, 2018, 01:35:15 PM
If you haven't been up to SD and fished Clear, Roy and that area, you really should before you leave the area.  last week of May/first week of June.

Those are on my to-do list but I don't know if I will get to them. However, I spent the previous 5 years before Omaha living in ND. We would also fish tournament on the Missouri River system lakes in SD. Between those two states, I have had a ton of smallmouth fishing experience. In fact, I had guys tell me that they thought a number of the ND lakes were just as good as those glacial lakes in SD. That's largely what kept most of us from ever making the trip.

allaboutfun

Quote from: Steve81 on August 04, 2018, 01:05:55 PM
Saw your video - that was really encouraging. I have a tournament September 22 & 23 up there. I was there in early June for my son's soccer tournament and threw out a line for about 30 minutes from a dock and got hit instantly but that was it.

Steve81

Quote from: allaboutfun on August 04, 2018, 08:53:47 PM
Saw your video - that was really encouraging. I have a tournament September 22 & 23 up there. I was there in early June for my son's soccer tournament and threw out a line for about 30 minutes from a dock and got hit instantly but that was it.

Well shoot me a PM if you would like any tips on the lake. I'm not expert there by any stretch but I did fish a TBF tournament there last year at about the same time. That would be a pretty good gauge to say how your tournament ought to unfold.