X-Zoning!

Started by cport, June 13, 2018, 01:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cport

Just received my X-Zone prize, and wow, these baits look great! I got a pack of watermelon red flake Adrenaline Bugs and also a pack of green pumpkin black flake 6"True Center Sticks for wacky rigging. Each has eight per pack, which puts the bugs at about .62 each and .50 each for the wacky worms; thats a great deal on both. I should have a report on the stick worms tomorrow (hopefully).
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Mike Cork

That's awesome. Don't forget there is a 25% discount on them right now so you can really save. The True Center Stick is regularly 3.99 for a pack of 8. With the discount that makes the 2.99 for a pack of eight. So now you're talking 37 cents each...

You'll never beat that price. I loaded up on them, the punisher punch craw, the adrenaline bug, and the Muscle Back Craw. I'm set for a while.   ~c~ ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

Quote from: cport on June 13, 2018, 01:57:21 PM
Just received my X-Zone prize, and wow, these baits look great! I got a pack of watermelon red flake Adrenaline Bugs and also a pack of green pumpkin black flake 6"True Center Sticks for wacky rigging. Each has eight per pack, which puts the bugs at about .62 each and .50 each for the wacky worms; thats a great deal on both. I should have a report on the stick worms tomorrow (hopefully).
Will be looking for that report with  ;PHO) ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

cport

Quote from: Lipripper on June 13, 2018, 06:40:09 PM
Will be looking for that report with  ;PHO) ;D
OK Lip, you can turn off the printer, sorry to disappoint lo

Went to my little retention pond that I like to fish at lunch. First, a pre-fishing review. I opened the bag and grabbed a bait; the first thing I noticed is how supple it was, but still seemed firm, and it had a slight anise scent. After examining the bait I noticed it had a thin smooth band right behind the normal collar that you see on most stick baits, as you can see here.

This is X-Zone's True Center, and I really appreciated having that landmark to orient my O-ring with, a really cool feature!

After rigging it on an Owner 1/0 circle hook, I tossed it in front of me to check out the fall. The rate of fall is nice and slow despite being a heavier bait, and the bait fluttered nicely; not as much as a Senko, but more than a Yum Dinger. So I made a few casts to see how far I could throw it. The six-inch stick bait went quite a bit farther than the five-inch Dingers I usually throw, nice.

So, now to start fishing. I immediately went to one of the cypress trees that are in the pond; I throw there first and can pick up a fish every other trip or so from there. Here is the tree.

That is the left side, I had started on the right side. On the third cast, I got a hit on the fall but missed it. So I kept throwing to the same area. No dice. Made a few casts out into the middle to give the spot a rest. Went back to pitching the right side and after the first twitch, the line went tight, and I hooked up. Thought it was a dink, as it was coming in light, but when it saw the bank, did a U-turn and pulled a little drag. I saw it and it looked like a nice little first X-Zone fish, then out of nowhere a bigger fish started chasing the bait trying to take it out of its mouth! I quickly reeled in the fish and saw the bigger fish hang for a minute, then swim towards the tree. Here's the one I caught, a 13 incher.

After releasing it, I quickly started pitching toward the tree, but again, nothing doing. Made some more casts up and down the banks, missed another that had it in its mouth after laying there for a sec and when I went to twitch it. It was time to go, so I went back to try the other side of the tree. First cast into that little pocket with the overhang and one second after hitting the water BANG, crushed it. Started pulling drag after I stuck it and went straight to a jump ALRIGHT a much nicer fish, and I suspect the same one that followed the first. After about thirty secs (using mono on my spinning rig) I brought her in, and here she is, a solid 18.5 inch bassy that went 2.75 lbs.

So, overall review...I am definitely impressed. I got more bites with it (even when it was in another fish's mouth!) than I have had in awhile at that pond, and bigger bites with no dinks messing with it. I really like the six-inch size, as I think it attracts the larger fish and casts further, and I also found that my short pitches were more accurate. I will be placing an X-Zone order today, so all you potential sponsors out there, this site will reward you if your product is good and you get it in our hands. Thanks Mike and X-Zone for the giveaway contest, and Mike, you can point this out to other sponsors as to how those giveaways work.

And thanks X-Zone for keeping Lip's printer dormant  ~bb
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

cport

Here ya go, saved 10 bucks!

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Lipripper

Thanks for the report Chris and nice looking fish.  ~c~ ~c~ I'm sure glad I didn't have to fire up my printer.  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Mike Cork

Great review cport Thank You  ~c~ ~c~

Looks like you love saving money too ~c~ ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

cport

Quote from: Mike Cork on June 15, 2018, 01:20:09 PM
Great review cport Thank You  ~c~ ~c~

Looks like you love saving money too ~c~ ~c~
That one was easy to write!