This makes sense, right?

Started by dshel61, June 14, 2018, 10:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dshel61

I recently broke the tip off of my less than a year old #8 Tackle Co. Blackout spinning rod so naturally I replaced it with a KastKing Assassin baitcasting reel to replace my 15 year old BPS baitcastCO.

Logical, right?  ~b~

zippyduck

Sounds like something I might do.  ~b~ Then I have to buy 2 rods to match the reels.  ;D
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

dshel61

At least I'm not alone in my thinking.

loomisguy

I have no idea if there's any warranty on that rod but they are made by 13 fishing.
Might be worth a phone call.

Smallie_Stalker

Sounds like reasonable "angler logic" to me.  ;D
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Pferox

"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

LgMouthGambler

So now you have a baitcaster and a broken spinning rod?

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

dshel61

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 14, 2018, 05:23:56 PM
So now you have a baitcaster and a broken spinning rod?

<")))>{

Oh no, I have 3 baitcaster, 2 broken spinning rods and 1 good Okuma travel spinning rod.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: dshel61 on June 14, 2018, 05:26:54 PM
Oh no, I have 3 baitcaster, 2 broken spinning rods and 1 good Okuma travel spinning rod.
So 3 baitcasters, and a bunch of spinning rods. 2 in which are broken. What in the hell is that gonna do? Lol. You better go get yourself a baitcasting rod. Get yourself a nice MH F rod,  and you can spool the baitcasters with different line, and be able to use the same rod till you get 2 more.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

dshel61

Oh the baitcasters are on rods. My Lew's Speedspool is on my #8 Tackle Co. MH casting rod and my old BPS caster is on my Berkley Lightningrod Shock. That will be replaced with the Assassin.

SFL BassHunter

I'm confused now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Oldfart9999

Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

LgMouthGambler

Well, on that note. Im gonna be right here  ~beer~

Lipripper

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on June 15, 2018, 06:07:17 AM
I'm confused now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on June 15, 2018, 07:21:24 AM
Me too!!! ??? ??? ~read ~read
Rodney

Who's on first... What's on second...I Don't Know is on third  ~roflmao ~roflmao

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

dshel61

Why confused?

I broke one of my spinning rods and replaced it with a KastKing Assassin baitcaster reel.

I never said that I didn't have rods to put them on.

crankenstein

Quote from: dshel61 on June 15, 2018, 07:39:08 PM
Why confused?

I broke one of my spinning rods and replaced it with a KastKing Assassin baitcaster reel.

I never said that I didn't have rods to put them on.

What's your opinion of the Assassin?