Show us your Screen Shots

Started by Bud Kennedy, June 17, 2018, 11:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

Inspired by a D.W. post, there is a lot to learn about reading sonar screens.  I am requesting that you post a few of your sonar screen shots for us to ogle.   ~c~

D.W. Verts

Once I figure my new equipment out. Then I need to learn how to take a "screen shot".

I wish I had my box of old graph paper from back in the day. Lot's of good stuff there- I even used to make notes on the paper.
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

basss

How exactly do we go about getting them out of that der lil' TV box looking thingy I have on my console?

Seriously, I've copied the data from my Helix 7 (Gen1) to the card and its on my pc but can't get to the pics or screenshots.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard

Pacific NW Ron

Quote from: D.W. Verts on June 17, 2018, 11:48:34 PM
Once i figure my new equipment out. The I need to learn how to take a "screen shot".

I wish I had my box of old graph paper from back in the day. Lot's of good stuff there- I even used to make notes on the paper.
Oh yea, I loved those paper graphs except the hassle and cost of the paper. 

Probably not what you're looking for but Here's one of my old boring screens from striper fishing. Sorry I don't have any of the current high tech stuff. 
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Wayne P.

Quote from: basss on June 19, 2018, 11:41:03 AM
How exactly do we go about getting them out of that der lil' TV box looking thingy I have on my console?

Seriously, I've copied the data from my Helix 7 (Gen1) to the card and its on my pc but can't get to the pics or screenshots.

Screen shots are written directly to a memory card when you push the Mark button as a .png picture file. They are never written to the unit's memory. IF you had a memory card in the unit at the time you did the MARK deal, you would have a Snapshot folder on the card with your images. Most picture viewer software on computers will read that data.

"I've copied the data from my Helix 7 (Gen1) to the card " you did nothing to have screen shots. The only thing you can copy from the unit's memory is the waypoint library.
Humminbird SOLIX 12 SI, SOLIX 12 SI G3, SOLIX 10 SI G3, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N, Helix 12 CHIRP SI+ GPS G3N, Helix 12 CHIRP SI+ GPS G4N, Helix 10 CHIRP DI+ GPS G3N, Helix 8 CHIRP SI+ GPS G4N, Helix 7 CHIRP SI GPS G3, MEGA 360, MEGA LIVE TL

Captsteve

take a picture of it with your phone

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

3crows

This is one I took some years back. It is the Zebulon Pike in Table Rock lake near Jakes Point Island. A favorite dive site of mine there.

Humminbird 987c SI at the 250Hz side scan frequency.

3C
Swim, Bike, Run, Fish

Oldfart9999

Looks like there's some good fish there, worth a try!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

CaptainSolo

Lowrance HDS Carbon; Navionics Platinum card.  You can see this school of 2-3 pounders on the very end of the ledge. 

fishin couillon

Here are a few from my Garmin unit.

Here is one from my Lowrance.....

Wayne P.

Humminbird SOLIX 12 SI, SOLIX 12 SI G3, SOLIX 10 SI G3, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N, Helix 12 CHIRP SI+ GPS G3N, Helix 12 CHIRP SI+ GPS G4N, Helix 10 CHIRP DI+ GPS G3N, Helix 8 CHIRP SI+ GPS G4N, Helix 7 CHIRP SI GPS G3, MEGA 360, MEGA LIVE TL

Nutoy

gatorglenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
06 PT 175 TX
Mercury 60 hp

coldfront

Quote from: D.W. Verts on June 17, 2018, 11:48:34 PM
Once I figure my new equipment out. Then I need to learn how to take a "screen shot".

I have some old lowrance software that lets me plug in the chip and play it on my PC.
screen shot is as simple as ctrl-print screen and then host image in google.photos.

you just have to be in record mode to do that.

do the new units (wi-fi capable) allow you to access them via home PC?

gatorglenn

Quote from: coldfront on September 27, 2018, 07:45:02 AM
I have some old lowrance software that lets me plug in the chip and play it on my PC.
screen shot is as simple as ctrl-print screen and then host image in google.photos.

you just have to be in record mode to do that.

do the new units (wi-fi capable) allow you to access them via home PC?
Yes on the carbon uint not sure on the others

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
06 PT 175 TX
Mercury 60 hp

coldfront

last weekend.  tims ford.  screenshot shows coordinates, for those internet scouters   lo