Crestliner 2012 VT17

Started by redux, June 19, 2018, 07:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FloridaFishinFool

So how's the new boat coming along Captain Z?
Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

redux

I'll just give a point-by-point summary:

I got a new Optima Gel to replace the old cranking battery after having to get towed in last Wednesday.  ::)

I'm really learning to hate the jet skis on that one lake we don't talk about here.  ~shhh That is a weekday only lake.  ~xyz

Lake Jessup is very pretty but also very bad for bass fishing. I thought the locals were BSing me about it being only good for Specks. Boy, I was wroooooooong. Add me to the list of guys who will never go there again.  :surrender:

I'm definitely getting used to running around bigger lakes and how to position to accommodate wind so I am not standing on my trolling motor constantly.  v~
You can't win of you're not in.

FloridaFishinFool

Quote from: redux on July 23, 2018, 05:21:39 PM
I'll just give a point-by-point summary:

I got a new Optima Gel to replace the old cranking battery after having to get towed in last Wednesday.  ::)

Darn good thing I gave you those ropes huh?  :-*  Nice to have a bit of rope on the boat. I started carrying a tow rope because of all the people I have had to tow in off the St. Johns river over the years... more than I can count!

But you know Z... in all my years on the water I have never had to be towed in. And you made it in 3 weeks! That's a record!  :surrender:

Maybe you had better add jumper cables to the boat too!  :help:

I could have saved you the time and trouble on Jessup... but experience is the best teacher!
Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

redux

I wasn't really surprised by the battery dying. It was 6 years old and had sat for a long period of time before I got it. Annoyed? Yes. Surprised? No.  ::)

I could have just trolled all the way in but I didn't feel like it. Next time I'll use the jumper cables I have to get it going from one of my other batteries. If that doesn't work I'll use one of my paddles. If I'm too far out I'll call the boat rescue. If that doesn't work...

Lipripper

Quote from: redux on July 23, 2018, 06:36:00 PM
I wasn't really surprised by the battery dying. It was 6 years old and had sat for a long period of time before I got it. Annoyed? Yes. Surprised? No.  ::)

I could have just trolled all the way in but I didn't feel like it. Next time I'll use the jumper cables I have to get it going from one of my other batteries. If that doesn't work I'll use one of my paddles. If I'm too far out I'll call the boat rescue. If that doesn't work...
6 years is a long time for a battery and having set for a long time didn't help it much. Well now you have a new Optima Gel you should be good to go.    

Quote from: redux on July 23, 2018, 05:21:39 PM

I'm really learning to hate the jet skis on that one lake we don't talk about here.  ~shhh That is a weekday only lake.  ~xyz

Lake Jessup is very pretty but also very bad for bass fishing. I thought the locals were BSing me about it being only good for Specks. Boy, I was wroooooooong. Add me to the list of guys who will never go there again.  :surrender:

So you saying you went Bass fishing and didn't catch any  ~shade Was size are them specks in there.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

redux

All I saw were gar. Not even big gar. But that reminds me that I need to get some white nylon rope and whip up some lures for those things.

FloridaFishinFool

Quote from: Lipripper on July 23, 2018, 06:47:40 PM

So you saying you went Bass fishing and didn't catch any  ~shade Was size are them specks in there.  ;D

Yep Lip! Lake Jessup skunked him so whip out the printer on him!

Locals have known for years and years to stay out of Jessup if you want bass. It is a beautiful lake, but the SJR does not flow through it so it never really gets flushed out. Any and all vegetation stays in the lake and rots reducing the oxygen levels and water quality is not as good there so the bass are sparse.

I think Z said he talked to some locals one who said he never caught a bass there and another said in all his life he had only caught a few in Jessup. So it is known for NOT being a good bass lake.

redux

Thanks for validating my skunking, FFF. I've actually gotten used to it since summer is in full swing.

On a good note I'm having fun.

Oldfart9999

Quote from: redux on July 24, 2018, 06:09:57 AM
Thanks for validating my skunking, FFF. I've actually gotten used to it since summer is in full swing.

And will be able put new paper on the bathroom wall once Lip fires up the press!!! lo lo lo Best catch some specks, or a shad or 2 if you wish to avoid the certificates!!! lo lo
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Lipripper

Quote from: redux on July 24, 2018, 06:09:57 AM

Well then here ya go this must be yours not sure of the date but since you got towed in last Wednesday that's close enough.  ;D Let me know when you need another one  lo lo

FloridaFishinFool

Keep that printer out Lip! Something tells me you're gonna need to keep it warmed up and ready to go!

Lipripper

Quote from: FloridaFishinFool on July 24, 2018, 12:59:01 PM
Keep that printer out Lip! Something tells me you're gonna need to keep it warmed up and ready to go!
Why you going out fishing  ~roflmao ~roflmao

FloridaFishinFool

Yep! Keep it warmed up for both of us!

Lipripper

Quote from: FloridaFishinFool on July 24, 2018, 01:53:50 PM
Yep! Keep it warmed up for both of us!
Well do. I'm glad I just got in a new order of ink and paper.  ~roflmao ~roflmao

redux

Haha Thanks for piling on!  lo

Send me a bill for the paper, ink, envelopes, and postage you're going to start burning through if you're keeping track of my skunk days.  ~shade

Oldfart9999

Quote from: redux on July 25, 2018, 06:13:48 AM
Haha Thanks for piling on!  lo

Send me a bill for the paper, ink, envelopes, and postage you're going to start burning through if you're keeping track of my skunk days.  ~shade

Oh, not to worry, he has a paper and ink allowance added to his paycheck. ~roflmao ~roflmao
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

redux

Thankfully I haven't been in need of his services ~gf

I've gotten on some new water the last few weekends and have been putting time in on my local Lake X  ~shhh Other then the jet skis making donuts at the ramp I'm really enjoying the process of figuring out one body of water. Docks, grass, flats, canals, holes, more docks, pads, etc. are a lot of fun even if I am no longer on the bank.  ~roflmao