Florida Bass Talk (October2020)

Started by FD, September 30, 2020, 08:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

No fishing for me today... instead its this type of day....

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

big g

Love it out there, especially without the crowds!
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Capt. BassinLou

Fishing,,,, what's that?  lo lo This rain is flat out ridiculous lately. Canals are down here are full, and almost spilling over in some places. I don't remember October being so rainy. 

LgMouthGambler

The rain felt great yesterday. 3.5 hrs of hacking away sugar cane with a machete in jeans and long sleeves. Yeah, all where you see brown was covered in sugar cane growth.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

FishaHallic

Does sugar cane grow like weeds down there or was it planted.
17' Grizzly w/40hp etec, micro powerpole,  Lowrance Elite 9 TI 2  9lbs 15oz PB     2021 winner of Ted and Dave's spring classic
                            TRUTH MATTERS

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: FishaHallic on October 26, 2020, 02:24:03 PM
Does sugar cane grow like weeds down there or was it planted.

Her ex husband planted it back there. Shortly after, he got amnesia about having to take care of the outside of the house.  lo So I am slowly working on getting rid of 10 years of stupidity,.  ~beer~

~roflmao

FishaHallic

Got it, I thought that sounded like an odd location for sugercane. 
17' Grizzly w/40hp etec, micro powerpole,  Lowrance Elite 9 TI 2  9lbs 15oz PB     2021 winner of Ted and Dave's spring classic
                            TRUTH MATTERS

Capt. BassinLou

Mmmm... homemade pork fried rice. Yum!!

big g

I was told sugarcane attracts rats, and rats attract snakes.  Did you see any?  You have done a ton of work there. ~c~ ~c~ ~c~
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: big g on October 26, 2020, 07:35:51 PM
I was told sugarcane attracts rats, and rats attract snakes.  Did you see any?  You have done a ton of work there. ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

Dude, I was chopping away little by little hoping that if there were any creatures in there, they would head the opposite direction. I was keeping a keen eye out for snakes though.  lo I got home before Tory and the girls, so I went in the back and took down the rest of the papaya trees, and one of the almond trees. 2 more almond trees left, but Im gonna get on the roof Saturday after work to top them, and get the branches cleared off so I can cut them down and let them fall on the ground without hurting the house or the fence. Yes, I have done a ton of work, my forearm is sore as f@ck right now too.  ~roflmao

big g

Dude your the man! ~c~  After all this work I hope she keeps you around awhile! 

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: big g on October 27, 2020, 02:43:15 PM
Dude your the man! ~c~  After all this work I hope she keeps you around awhile!
I'm pretty sure she does.

LgMouthGambler

Stopped by my parents on lunch. Sharpened the machete, and grabbed some branch clippers and an axe. Planned on coming home to get on the roof so I can chop the last 2 almond trees down. Wrong. Got home, and it's raining. Not getting on the roof while its wet. We go on our little honey moon Wednesday, ain't risking getting hurt. So I went to town on the heart of the sugar cane with the axe. Good little workout for an hour. Now, its pouring rain. Lol. I did manage to trim the almond tree by the awning out back. They really make a nice shady umbrella when trimmed correctly.

big g

Honeymoon, congrats buddy!  I didn't know you were ready for another skydiving lesson.  A brave hard working man!  Have fun, and enjoy the experience.

LgMouthGambler

Nah man. We aint getting married, just a little inside joke between me and her.