Fishing Want List Products

Started by Bud Kennedy, June 21, 2018, 07:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

I suspect that most of us have a couple items that are on our want list but have not yet made it to our functioning need list.  Many want list items are on this list mostly because of budgetary restrictions or maybe even space limitations.  What items are on your want list.

I too have wants but at this time I am just not ready to spend the money.....Yet.....

Here are a few of my items

1.  A new motor for the boat

2.  Some larger screen sonars

3.  A new Trolling motor

Princeton_Man

Wants:
1.  New Boat
2.  New Tow Rig
3. Private Lake
Needs:
Nothing ;D
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Kris

I am extremely happy with my present rods, reels and tackle so only need to maintain them for now. Most of my wants are larger dollar purchases so I will have to save or sell something else. Here is what is on my want list for now.

New batteries for the reservoir rig.  2-12volt (stern) and 2- 6 volt (bow) - $600/$700
New Lowrance/Humminbird SI 7 or 9 inch for bow
24 volt trolling motor for bow - next year
Hydrowave - $400 (still a pipe dream at this point)
Reservoir fishing in MD, Vietnam Vet, Retired
Ouachita 16' Model B, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Raymarine
Moderator - Maryland Fishing Reports and Chat

Stren_g

-A few more Dobyns rods
-Reels for said rods
-Fish finder for the yak

Polaris425

Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

D.W. Verts

I'm just waiting on the Ultrex until I get my boat done and all re-wired. Then I'll decide if I want/need/have room for the batteries for a 36v...

The Dobyns rods are again, just trying to decide on what I want/need.

Quote from: Polaris425 on June 21, 2018, 08:54:24 AM
My own pond.  ~cf

And there's the mother of them all. The one thing I missed out on in life that I'll probably never have. An 8-12 acre lake, built myself custom, with all the bells and whistles to make it a tremendous fishery. Just never gonna have that kind of extra $- I figure with the land and everything it'd be a million-dollar project. Sigh.
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

SteelHorseCowboy

Haha, where do I start?
1. A boat. Any boat, preferably a mid sized light-mid weight jon with a 10-30 hp motor so I can get into them tight spots I love. Can even launch that without a ramp if I've got the oldest boy with me an opt for the smaller motor.
2. Something to pull it with! My car could handle it, it's rated for 1,100#, but let's face it: a 4 speed Chrysler auto? It won't handle it for long.
3. A fleet of Curados. I'm in love. I want each model of the 70 and K.
3. Rods for each.
4. Longer handles for each. The one on my 200XG has got me spoiled. I've already put longer handles on my Ambassadeur Frankenreel (an Abu Power Handle) and my first 5000, a BPS custom shop dual knob power handle. It's cheap, it's ugly gold anodized, the nut keeper is ugly, the knobs can get slick, but it was $10 and I'm thinking of scuffing the knobs with 60 grit paper until I cough up the dough for a higher quality one.
5. A clicker and plate assembly for my Ambassadeur Frankenreel. That's a want that's actually attainable.
6. MORE FISH!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

the_huber_show

Shoot this list could go on and on :)

1. Lots more tackle
2. Few more rods/reels
3. Boat or Kayak to get out on the water
Fishbrain: The_Huber_Show

zippyduck

Better trolling motor.
A sonar for the bow.
power poles.
more traveling money.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Capt. BassinLou

Hmmmm... my list is pretty simple.

1. New Boat
2. New Very Nice Practical Boat
3. Thought about it, New Nice Practical Bass/Bay boat for family
4. Find $$ to buy New, Nice, Practical Bass/Bay boat for family
5. Read #4 ~roflmao

SFL BassHunter

1. New Boat
2. New Truck to pull boat
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

aclawrence

Want: I would love to have a boat again.  Preferably 19-20' with a 200 on it.

Need:  I really do need a newer truck. Something with 4 doors to help out with getting the kids in and out. I think my old Fords days are numbered.

Wants: I'm wanting to buy new rods and reels. I just ordered my first Dobyns and have gotten a lot of new bays lately. I can't swing the big stuff right now so it's nice to get a few smaller items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldfart9999

A new boat.
A new tow vehicle.
20 or so ALX rods.
10-12 crankin sticks.
All new reels tuned for the rods.
Don't need any of it but if I'm dreaming.......
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Donald Garner

Well lest see here.

Needs;
New electronics for the G3. I'll pick them up while on Vacation next month ~shade  The present electronics both have a Black Circle right in the middle of the screen.  Its time to change them out since they've been in there since Dec 2006  :surrender:

Want;
A concrete launch ramp constructed on Nolan Lake.  I don't think the DCA or DNR at Ft. Hood have that on their budget wish list  :-\ :(
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard