Here... froggy...froggy...froggy...

Started by Capt. BassinLou, June 23, 2018, 02:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

Fished Lake Okeechobee for a little bit today and was rewarded by catching these 2 nice ladies on the frog. Enjoy!!

Click here for the Full Report ---------> Lake Okeechobee, South Bay

Lipripper

I saw the report Lou and them a couple of nice frog fish. ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Pacific NW Ron

Congrats on some Good looking fish. 
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Donald Garner

Congrats on the Frog Fish  ~c~  She crushed that sucker pretty good  ~bb
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Donald Garner on June 23, 2018, 06:24:01 PM
Congrats on the Frog Fish  ~c~  She crushed that sucker pretty good  ~bb
Thanks Donald, they sure did.

Donald Garner

I bought a whole bunch of frogs prior to the UBCS on Toledo Bend.  I fished it a little while there but didn't have any takers.  I'm going to try them here on Nolan Lake my next trip out.  We got lots of vegetation all around that lake.

You ever have any issues getting the hooks out without them bleeding when it's deep like that?
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Donald Garner on June 23, 2018, 07:25:02 PM
I bought a whole bunch of frogs prior to the UBCS on Toledo Bend.  I fished it a little while there but didn't have any takers.  I'm going to try them here on Nolan Lake my next trip out.  We got lots of vegetation all around that lake.

You ever have any issues getting the hooks out without them bleeding when it's deep like that?
In the event that the fish bleeds Donald, I will lip the fish and swim the fish side to side until the bleeding stops, and then I take the picture.

Donald Garner

Tks for the follow up.  I've often wondered about whether you had any issues with getting the hooks back out.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Donald Garner on June 23, 2018, 07:33:04 PM
Tks for the follow up.  I've often wondered about whether you had any issues with getting the hooks back out.
Yeah, sometimes the hooks knicks a blood vessel. But fortunately I have returned the fish back to the water and they have swam off strong.

topdsm0138

Water looks great there. You on the south end?

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Polaris425

Nice Ones Lou!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: topdsm0138 on June 23, 2018, 08:58:29 PM
Water looks great there. You on the south end?

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Yes, I was Topdsm. I was in an area off Boyscout right before you hit the lake. The water quality as far as clarity  wasn't the best in this area,  but... the fish were here and that's what counts.  :)

the_huber_show

Fishbrain: The_Huber_Show