Bass Fishing in the Daegu Area Korea

Started by brandt1954, April 23, 2011, 10:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brandt1954

I am the Daegu Area in South Korea and wondering if anyone in the area can tell me where there is some places to go Bass Fishing.  Been here 2 years now and finally have some time. 

Donald Garner

You need to contact BassinKorea.  Check the UB International fishing reports, Dock Talk, he usually on here everyday.   I don't know how far you live from him, he lives down near the southern tip of the country. 

Drop him a line he has contacts over there in a couple Korean Bass Clubs.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Bassinkorea

Hi and welcome to UB.com brandt1954  ;D

There is some good bass fishing here in Korea. As Donald mentioned, I am living way down on the Southern coast about 2.5 to 3 hours South of Daegu. I have only fished in Daegu a couple of times during the time I've been here, but I believe the bass fishing is great in your area. There are several lakes and rivers where you can catch plenty of bass. I'd be happy to let you know of some spots. Do you have a vehicle?
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Donald Garner

brandt1954,

Welcome to Ultimatebass we're glad you're here and if you have any questions about fishing just drop us a line.
Bassinkorea will your primary contact for fishing over there as he fishes bass tournaments on a regular basis.

Are in the military or a civilian contractor working over there?
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Bucsrock2018

Living in Daegu. Any decent spots for fishing near Daegu Korea. Bass, Carp, Catfish, Trout, Perch. Doesn't matter, just want to get out on the water and enjoy myself.
Have Ocean Rods, lure, and fly!!
Also looking for fishing boat and RV for sale. Anywhere in Korea that sale canoe's or little motor fishing boats.
What about an RV Camper lot.

Thank you,

Marlin Dammarell
US Army

Bassinkorea

Welcome to UB.com   ~shade

Have a good look around the International Fishing Reports board and there should be a few Korean bass fishing reports to look through. Nothing much in the Daegu area, as I fish further down South from there.
There is the big tournament lake about 1.5 hours North East of Daegu with all kinds of species available, but ideally you will need a boat as the banks are not really accessible.

There are small bass boats available for hire there, and I can provide a contact number if interested (only Korean speaking).

There is one site site that I know of that sells used boats and RVs through private sale, again, it's only in Korean - www.passo.co.kr

The sea fishing in Korea is very popular, just watch one of the two 24 hour fishing TV channels. I have no interest in sea fishing at all, so I can't be on any help at all.
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)