Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I am personally getting tired of spammers! We will be aggressively blocking IP addresses  from here on out. If you find yourself  blocked call 318-347-7380 and we will work to correct the issue. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ardent's Gliss Fishing Line  (Read 192 times)

Jared LeBlue

• Charter Member
  • LOCK JAW
Ardent's Gliss Fishing Line
« on: June 25, 2018, 12:03:40 PM »

Ardentís Gliss Fishing Line Product Review

I was in the process of ordering some new reels and thought to myself ďyou going to need some stringĒ. Iím the kind of guy that will try new things, so I figured what the heck I will try some of Ardentís line called Gliss. I read the description on the line and was intrigued. This line is not braid or fluorocarbon, rather it is a fused line. The claims are it cast better because itís so smooth and it has a very smaller diameter compared to all other lines. I ordered spools in 8lb test, 12lb test, and 18lb test and I got all of them in translucent. I ordered the line from Ardentís website. You can pick from four colors, green, yellow, pink, and translucent. Gliss comes in 8lb, 12lb, 18lb, 24lb, and 40lb test. You can buy spools from 150 yrds to 1500yrds and the price starts at $14.99.
The first positive thing is my order was at my door within three days from when I place the order.  I will commend Ardent on the fact that they do get the product to you quickly. Now, when I opened my box and took out the first spool of Gliss I was a bit taken back by the size of the line. Gliss has a very small diameter. Let me emphasize on this for a second because I think it is important for you to understand when I say small I mean ridiculously small. I had to respool my first reel three times because I didnít have enough backing to allow the spool to fill up. A 150 yrd spool of 18lb test will not even come close to filling up an average baitcaster. I had to put enough backing where my reels are almost half filled with backing. The 8lb test is so small you almost canít handle it. As for the properties of Gliss, I really donít know how to describe it. Itís very smooth and silky to the touch. It is very hard to thread through the spool because it is so small and limp.
Once I got all my reels spooled up I was, to be perfectly honest, nervous. The line is just so small itís hard to believe that it just wonít snap the second you set the hook. It played on my mind so much that when my next shipment of reels came in I reorganized my line up where Gliss was just on the rods that had moving baits. The only exception was my spincast which I really donít set the hook hard with finesse baits anyway.
I took the line out for a test on the river and found positives and negatives to the line. Letís start with the positives. This stuff cast like a dream. Both on baitcasters and spincast this line gets an excellent rating on castability. It is to say the least super smooth. Another good thing is it is quiet. It glides through the guides without making noise unlike braid. It also cast well in the wind and it doesnít wrap around your guides like braid does.  Now for the down side. My fears were confirmed as for this line breaking off easily. It doesnít appear to be very abrasion resistant. I think the actual pound test that they have on this is way too high.  If you want to try this line I would encourage you to buy the 24lb test or the 40 lb test. The smaller test lines are in my opinion too small, especially for where I fish. Deep, open, clear water lakes the smaller test would be awesome. On a scale of 5 I would give it a 3, only because I believe the size of the line is misleading to the test strength of the line.If you looking for a line with great castability and small diameter this is definitely a line you want to try.
Ardent Prostaff

cport

• Charter Member
  • FlukeMaster who?
Re: Ardent's Gliss Fishing Line
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 01:19:32 PM »

I liked it at first, had the 15lb on my spinning reel. I too liked the slickness and thin diameter. Cast well and sank well. What I noticed is that over time the braiding became unwoven. Fortunately, I got it at a clearance price, so no great loss. Won't be buying it again.
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Lipripper

• LM Forum Staff
  • Chicago Illinois
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 01:30:50 PM »

Thanks for the review Jared I saw them advertise this line before and was thinking about trying some but now I'm not so sure I will. cport thanks fore your add on to the review and I don't like my line to start becoming unwoven with time.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Mike Cork

• Father Time
  • Admin
  • Get the Net it's a Hawg
    • Ultimate Bass
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 03:19:12 PM »

Thanks for the great review Jared and cport for your thoughts as well
Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

the_huber_show

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 11:17:41 AM »

Fantastic review! 
Fishbrain: The_Huber_Show

SteelHorseCowboy

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 12:58:15 PM »

Thanks! I've looked at it too and wondered. I found some at Academy, and you're right, it's ridiculously thin.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

bassmanstan

• Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 04:55:09 AM »

I had tried it a while back, when it was first released. I tried 18lb on spinning tackle, and 40lb on baitcaster, but I wasnít very impressed. It was pretty good at first, but it doesnít wear very well, it seems to get thin spots easily and, the poundage rating isnít as strong as other braids with the same rating, in my experience. I donít have any now, and wonít likely be buying more. Just my .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldfart9999

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 05:34:46 AM »

It maybe the breaking point is what they say it is, most lines actually break at a higher point than their rating.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 23 queries.