July 2018 IBASS BS thread

Started by zippyduck, June 26, 2018, 05:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

SCP is a great prop guy.  I thought he got out of the repair business a few years back.  I guess he changed his mind.  Great custom prop guy that knows his stuff

D.W. Verts

My new camera is a little weird. It has a really slow shutter speed- it takes it about two seconds to get done after you push the button. That made it real hard to get a good pic today- and I worry about hurting my fish by holding them out of the water too long, not to mention the floppin' around. I took about ten pics to get what I got today.

It also has a really narrow field of view- my old camera had auto zoom, and my Virb is crazy wide. Oh well, I love technology.

Caught this 6-11 today swimmin' a TOPWATER jig.

Go ahead somebody- ask.
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

zippyduck

3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Lipripper

That's a nice looking fish Dale and just like you I love technology.  I see you at least have the date set on it.  lo lo I always have trouble setting the date on my stuff. :surrender:

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Nutoy

I like the time and date stamp. I'm gonna have to try and figure out how to put it on my new to me IPhone.
Now, look at the time on that pic. 3:18pm. Dale's as crazy as me, unless he's got a shade tree to hide under. I was on the water yesterday from 9:30am to 4:00pm. Heat index was 106 and rising at 2:00.
I was  ~sweat ~sweat ~sweat

D.W. Verts

Oh I'm crazy enough 'toy, but it was cloudy and 73 when I caught that fish. The humidity however was almost ninety percent, and I was a-sweatin' for sure.

The date stamp is in the menu. If I can figure it out... I think it lends credence to my catches. Ya'll don't know me. And being a relatively new guy here it gives me some comfort in 'proving" my catches.

After all, there's all that money and fame on the line with the IBass tournament!

Lipripper

Quote from: D.W. Verts on July 20, 2018, 11:27:16 AM
Oh I'm crazy enough 'toy, but it was cloudy and 73 when I caught that fish. The humidity however was almost ninety percent, and I was a-sweatin' for sure.

The date stamp is in the menu. If I can figure it out... I think it lends credence to my catches. Ya'll don't know me. And being a relatively new guy here it gives me some comfort in 'proving" my catches.

After all, there's all that money and fame on the line with the IBass tournament!
Dale we know you well enough to know you arn't a cheater and wouldn't post old pictures  ;D My CASIO camera had that time date thing on it too but I never could figure that dang thing out and I think I had to set it all over again every time I use the camera.

SteelHorseCowboy

Y'all shop around and find some phone cases that have lanyard loops on 'em.
At this point, I don't think I'd be too upset at losing this phone. It's just gone to crap. Okay, it's gotten slower than a molasses river in winter... I can live with that. Aggravating as hell, but if it works, it works right?
But actual "phone" stuff? Making calls, sending texts, half the time it don't work.
And the battery life has gone downhill. Right now it's at 54%, if someone calls me, it's most likely game over. That's just too much for it to handle. Once I hit 55% or lower, if I call does manage to come through while I'm on, it dies.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

D.W. Verts

I've got it made Cowboy- I don't own a phone.

SteelHorseCowboy

Quote from: D.W. Verts on July 20, 2018, 02:44:42 PM
I held out as long as I could. Waited until my youngest boy's due date was about two weeks away before I got one. Didn't want my ex going into labor with no way to reach me while I was doing training for another deployment. That's anywhere from 12 hours a day to several weeks away from home at a time. For the first 3 years I had a cell phone, there were about 20 numbers in it. My immediate family, ex and her immediate family, and a couple close friends.
But that's before they got fancy.

Now I use it for everything. With no home internet service, it gets used in many the same ways you use your computer.
My computer lately ain't much more than a glorified DVD player.

I really wish I could still remember a phone number. I know two, mine and my dad's. Back in the day a girl could tell me her number ONCE, I'd repeat it back, and I was good. No need for a "little black book", I wasn't quite that popular with the ladies.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Lipripper

Quote from: D.W. Verts on July 20, 2018, 02:44:42 PM
[/quote
I didn't have one either till about 9 years ago when I went on my Alaskan fishing trip and I had to have a way to reach out to let him know of my whereabouts. It was a flip up phone and it didn't take pictures or anything like that. I still have it stuck away in my closet some where.

Lipripper

Ron I guess the fear of getting one of them skunk diploma's has got you catching some fish.  lo lo

zippyduck

Ron,
I made some changes to your culls. You were going to cull out a 16" and keep a 12.75".
Your top five are now.

D.W. Verts

Thanks again Zippy (sorry). What time did you go to bed, man?!?

zippyduck

I got off work at 11 and got to bed at 12. woke back up at 1:30. ~xyz Went back to bed at 3 and woke up for work at 5.  ~rant
At least I'll crash tonight and get some sleep before the tourney tomorrow.  ~shhh

Lipripper

Quote from: zippyduck on July 21, 2018, 08:23:07 AM
I got off work at 11 and got to bed at 12. woke back up at 1:30. ~xyz Went back to bed at 3 and woke up for work at 5.  ~rant
At least I'll crash tonight and get some sleep before the tourney tomorrow.  ~shhh
zippy that sounds like something I would have done except most of the time when I wake up I can't go back to sleep.  :'( I hope you can get some tonight so you can be on your A game tomorrow for your tournament with PM tomorrow.

zippyduck

It is not with PM. That is a three day event next April.

Lipripper

Quote from: zippyduck on July 21, 2018, 09:09:56 AM
It is not with PM. That is a three day event next April.
~b~ ~b~ I missed the part about the date in your other post.  lo lo Either way good luck in your tournament tomorrow and hope you catch some nice fish.

Lipripper

Way to go Steve I see you went over 100" today.  ~c~ ~c~ You trying to put the pressure on Dale  ;D

SteveTX

Had a wonderful morning. First day off in many days I was lazy and left late. Heck I didnt even have the boat hooked up or loaded I was so tired yesterday. Working in this heat will take it out of you. But I got there around 8 maybe I didnt even look to be honest. The lake was almost slick but I was happy to be fishing. I figured to be done in just a few hours as I was not going to stay in the hottest part of the day.

Anyway I went to check out the pads and found a lot of life back there so I started pitching my Netbait Paca Craw to some dandy spots and was rewarded pretty quickly. Occasionally I was seeing some action close enough I could cast to and tried to pick up one that way but really didn't have any luck with that. Was kind a amazed as that technique usually will work about 50% of the time for me.

Next I picked up a Zoom 12" Junebug worm. I only have 2 packs left of these Zoom worms I really want to use them up so I can get back to my Culprit worms. I came up to a really narrow long gap in the real thick pads and just had to toss that worm way in the back. It sat there all of 30 sec and off to my right it went woohoo then aww damn.  ^-^ It was game on for just a second I thought I had me one. Anyway chunked the broke off Zoom worm off put me a new one on and tossed it right back in the same spot. He couldn't resist. I boated it and it was the 21.50" I added to my board today.  :) Solid 5+lbs I didnt weigh it but it was thick for a summer bass.

Then at the end of the day I was tired of hearing the jumping so I picked up my homemade buzztoad and it was game on again. Caught all I wanted in the 17" range but was looking for bigger fish so I started trying tossing the buzztoad up to the pads and just letting it fall. First time I tried it I caught the 19.25". It was getting really warm as the clouds started moving out, it was after 1pm so I was hungry and so I called it a day. 

Thank you Lipripper. Seems that is what I am good for. I pressure these guys to do their best and they seem to pull 1st off pretty good. I'm working on a record number of 2nd places.  ~roflmao  I get a laugh out of thinking how they are thinking. Something like  ^-^ that damn Steve just keeps making me have to do a little better.  lo
I just enjoyed being out doing something relaxing and turned out it was a good day fishing as well.

The toad is nearly torn off after 3 fish that aint bad but here is what did the work today.

Lipripper

You did good Steve and them guys need someone to push them on.  lo lo Nice looking baits. I'm going to have to get me some of them 12" worms. I don't have any that long or any over 6" at all.

SteveTX

Quote from: Lipripper on July 22, 2018, 03:25:25 PM
You did good Steve and them guys need someone to push them on.  lo lo Nice looking baits. I'm going to have to get me some of them 12" worms. I don't have any that long or any over 6" at all.
About the 12" worms. I know everyone has their favorite but to me the Zoom big worms are horrible. The break off way to easy. I prefer Culprit    brand over Zoom any day. They just don't fall apart like Zoom saving me $ and the action is well it's a big ribbon tail worm it's not like rocket science.

Lipripper

Quote from: SteveTX on July 22, 2018, 03:31:17 PM
About the 12" worms. I know everyone has their favorite but to me the Zoom big worms are horrible. The break off way to easy. I prefer Culprit    brand over Zoom any day. They just don't fall apart like Zoom saving me $ and the action is well it's a big ribbon tail worm it's not like rocket science.
I'm going to have to check into getting some of them bigger worms and try them around here .

zippyduck

Steve,
Nice day by any standards.

I too got into the fish today. It started with several frog fish and senkos skipped back into bushes. Then in the heat of the day i flipped a giant flat with lots of success. I did not miss any bites and landed every fish.
15 bass all between 14" and 15.50"
Not enough to take a check but a good showing. I know I was in an area with bigger fish but never got that kicker.

SteveTX

Quote from: zippyduck on July 22, 2018, 10:34:54 PM
Steve,
Nice day by any standards.

I too got into the fish today. It started with several frog fish and senkos skipped back into bushes. Then in the heat of the day i flipped a giant flat with lots of success. I did not miss any bites and landed every fish.
15 bass all between 14" and 15.50"
Not enough to take a check but a good showing. I know I was in an area with bigger fish but never got that kicker.
Thanks Zip, sounds like you had fun as well.  ~c~ A shame you didn't get any culls though.  :(

My fish were all in 3ft or less water but they were under acres of pads. I guess when there is next to no sunlight hitting the water its not to bad for them. Even though we have been solidly over 100 for the past 4 or 5 days.
I did miss a few maybe 3 total but did get the big one I caught on my followup. I remember losing one that wrapped me up bad in the pads I got all the way to that rascal and there he went. I saw his mouth though and he wasn't very big so no loss on my stringer.