Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spinning Rod  (Read 292 times)

cwaite_80

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
Spinning Rod
« on: July 02, 2018, 02:02:41 PM »

Hello

I've been looking for a rod to match up with my bass pro shop quick draw spinning reel that I bought because of how cheap it was and because it had good reviews. I'm only 16 and on a very limited budget of 40-60$. What I was thinking of using the rod for was mainly texas rigged senkos and possibly other plastics. The only other rod I have is the Pro Qualifier 2 MH Combo that I bought at bass pro shop so I was thinking of matching that up with a spinning setup for plastics. I did teach my self how to fish and I want to learn more so please give me some advice.

FloridaFishinFool

• Charter Member
    • Kel's Rod & Reel Repair Shop
Re: Spinning Rod
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 03:31:08 PM »

Try a Berkley lightning rod- a shock rod with bronze color on rod. Usually found at any Wal-Mart for $40. And good luck!
Works for factory authorized warranty service center for Shimano, Daiwa, Penn, Lew's, Mitchell, Quantum, Fin Nor, Abu Garcia, and Okuma reels. Also authorized warranty service center for Minn Kota, and Motor Guide Trolling motors

analfisherman

• Charter Member
  • HOOKS, LIES AND ALIBIES
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 11:54:40 PM »

cwaite_80, WELCOME TO ULTIMATEBASS!!!!!!!!  ~c~

i WILL HAVE TO AGREE WITH WHAT FFF RECOMENDED....MY VERY FIRST gRAPHIT rOD BOUGHTEN WHEN I WAS LIKE 16 WAS A LIGHTEN ROD.

It lasted for 20+ years and HUNDREDS of fish.

I recomend you get a Med. Powered Fast Action 7 footer.
It will toss even weightless stickbaits (Senko style baits) all the way up to 1/4 oz. jigs.
Good for Flukes,TX rigged worms weighted, spinning baits (inline as well as hairpin) amongst a LOT of other baits.

GREAT MULTIPURPOSE ROD!  ~c~

Feel free to ask ANY and ALL questions you have or come up with!!!!!!!!
We are ALL here to help!!

AGAIN....WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!!!!!
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

Smallie_Stalker

• CM Community Diplomat
  • Good things come to those who bait !!!
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 12:50:17 PM »

Welcome to the Ultimate Bass family cwaite! Pleasure to have you with us. Pull up a chair, make yourself right at home and jump in wherever you feel comfortable. 

I agree the Lightening Rod Shock is a good rod for the money. Many Walmarts have them on sale for $20 - $30. If you can save up for just a short while more I would recommend a Colt series rod from Dobyns. It's a definite step up from the Lightening Rod and it's only $79.99.

Would like to win some free gear from some of the great companies that sponsor our site? Be sure and put your name in for the New Member’s Contest and the Weekly Contests .

If you are interested in a little friendly competition for bragging rights only get in on our iBass tournament . You can find the rules here iBass Rules

We love pictures around here. Please feel free to post some pics of your catches anytime in our Catch of the Day board.

We’re looking forward to seeing you around the boards and to learning from what you share with us.

In the meantime, if you need any help with anything at all please don't hesitate to contact me or any other staff member.

Once again, Welcome!

><> Smallie_Stalker  <><

Supporting Companies: Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Fenwick  Shakespeare  Spiderwire

1ReelFanatik

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 11:11:48 AM »

Have to add me to the Lightning Shock recommendations.  Google  "2018 Lightning rod".  If the Shock is too much, look at a Berkley Cherrywood.

Pferox

• Life Member
  • Right on the Gulf Coast.
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 11:57:14 AM »

If you have an Academy around and can stomach having a fiberglass rod, the h2o express Angler is a good rod for less than $15.  I have a few of the 7ft model and they have held up to saltwater fishing for a number of years.  I have caught everything from 2 or 3 inch baitfish to 20lb black drum with them and they have done well.

I used to visit the store here in Baytown every couple of weeks and have run across many great un-advertised deals on higher end gear, but you have to be there to get them, if ya know what I mean.

This is a good time to hit the store too because of the holiday and all.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

SFL BassHunter

• Charter Member
  • SFL BassHunter
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 12:42:50 PM »

I am going to agree with the folks that mentioned the Lightning.
I like the lightning and the lightning shock. Both are inexpensive. For the money they are great.

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

zippyduck

• Charter Member
  • Daiwa, LSCR, Dobyns, Nutech, Keitech, Yamamoto
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 04:30:18 PM »

I had one of the first lightning rods and it lasted well over 20 years and was sensitive till the end.
An excellent beginners rod.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"

1ReelFanatik

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2018, 10:08:03 PM »

I had one of the first lightning rods and it lasted well over 20 years and was sensitive till the end.
An excellent beginners rod.

My Lightning is over 42 years old (Already had it when I got married that long ago.)..........but I did quit fishing for 23 years after moving to this area.  That rod has caught more fish than all the rods I've purchased since getting back into fishing in '09.  Fishing was good where i used to live.  Sucks here which is why I quit for so long.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 23 queries.