Lox 7/2/18

Started by FLO GROWN, July 02, 2018, 02:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLO GROWN

Tough day at the Lox only got 6,biggest one was about 2 lbs, fished the spoil bank in West canal,tried toads,rage craws,ribbontail worms,got them on senkos  and soft swimbaits ,water was really stained ,skies bright,temp hot all equals tough fishing but beats working  ~beer~

PS- got 3 of the 6 at that large opening into the flats in the west canal on soft swimbaits throwing it right in middle of that cabbage and swam it thru than at the end of those mats they exploded on it.
"Tight lines"

Capt. BassinLou

Thank you for the report FloGrown. It's tough out there right now no doubt. Thanks for sharing.

Lipripper

Thanks for the report and glad you caught some fish  ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

FLO GROWN

Quote from: Bassinlou on July 02, 2018, 02:20:38 PM
Thank you for the report FloGrown. It's tough out there right now no doubt. Thanks for sharing.

It messes with your head,I was done at 1230 saw some nasty storms coming from North right over lox decided to call it day my truck was the only one left in the lot lol
"Tight lines"

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FLO GROWN on July 02, 2018, 02:25:37 PM
It messes with your head,I was done at 1230 saw some nasty storms coming from North right over lox decided to call it day my truck was the only one left in the lot lol

I hear you, I was at Okeechobee, last week, I think, lol!!, and the cloud formations made me pack up and leave. Sucks cuz I left very nice fish biting, but I did not want to get caught in one of those quick forming T-storms. Sadly, one never formed, but I still didn't want to take the chance and stick around to see.

BarryFL

I've left the lake several times in the past few weeks when it looks like flashy stuff may pop up. I rather live to fish another day!
~Barry~

LgMouthGambler

Nice. Same place you were talking bout the opening. Thats where I caught the biggun last time. They out there waiting on something to come passing by.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

FLO GROWN

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on July 02, 2018, 05:27:26 PM
Nice. Same place you were talking bout the opening. Thats where I caught the biggun last time. They out there waiting on something to come passing by.

<")))>{

Seems like they all left that canal where the spoil bank is and are buried in that grass with the big opening to the flats is, my trolling motor and boat cant cut that cabbage,if you can get your boat in the middle of that stuff and flip you will kill them!That's why all those gators are in there.
"Tight lines"

FLO GROWN

I was wondering if any you guys fish lox at night to avoid the heat during the day?
"Tight lines"

SFL BassHunter

You need either a strong TM to get through the weeds.

Or

2 Ninja Grass Blades

Or
Both

Or

An adjustable TM you could set to skim the top of the water as to not collect weeds. It's a loud solution and you might get a little wet.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: FLO GROWN on July 03, 2018, 01:06:10 PM
I was wondering if any you guys fish lox at night to avoid the heat during the day?

I was thinking about it, but Im not sure if you are allowed to fish at night out there.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FLO GROWN on July 03, 2018, 01:06:10 PM
Can't fish Lox at night. Lox is closed to night fishing.

FLO GROWN

Quote from: Bassinlou on July 03, 2018, 01:30:36 PM
Can't fish Lox at night. Lox is closed to night fishing.

Thanks for info,the mosquitos must be bad out there at night anyway.
"Tight lines"

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FLO GROWN on July 03, 2018, 03:28:48 PM
Thanks for info,the mosquitos must be bad out there at night anyway.
Yep

Capt. BassinLou

FloGrown below you will see a section I copied off LOX's site in regards to its hours.

The refuge is open daily from 5:00 am
to 10:00 pm.
There are three entrances to the
Refuge. The Headquarters Area
(10216 Lee Road in Boynton Beach),
the Hillsboro Area (west end of
Loxahatchee Road in Boca Raton),
and the 20-Mile Bend Area (off
of Southern Blvd, SR-80 in West
Palm Beach). Anglers and boaters
are welcome to use all authorized
entrances