Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I am personally getting tired of spammers! We will be aggressively blocking IP addresses  from here on out. If you find yourself  blocked call 318-347-7380 and we will work to correct the issue. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Baitcaster recommendations  (Read 677 times)

Bassinlou

• CM Community Diplomat
  • Mr. Frogger
Re: Baitcaster recommendations
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2018, 08:51:04 AM »

Got the new reel out yesterday. After a little tweaking with the brakes and spool tension I'm very happy with it. Huge difference between a cheapo and good reel. Now I want to find a decent rod for it being that was a cheap one just to see if I was going to enjoy baitcasters.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ahh yes.... the force is strong in this one. Wait til you buy a very nice rod to match the nice reel. Your life and wallet will never be the same again.  ~roflmao

Enjoy the new reel!!  ~beer~
Team 4 Community Diplomat
Forum Moderator for: Florida, Catch of the Day and Bank Fishing for Bass
Florida Bass Fishing Reports

LgMouthGambler

• Ultimate Basser
  • Shimano, Daiwa, HawgTech, Dobyns, LSCR, Megabass
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2018, 09:03:01 AM »

Got the new reel out yesterday. After a little tweaking with the brakes and spool tension I'm very happy with it. Huge difference between a cheapo and good reel. Now I want to find a decent rod for it being that was a cheap one just to see if I was going to enjoy baitcasters.

Many good rods out there now for the $125-200 price. Dobyns Sierra is a killer rod, as well as the St Croix Mojo Bass (2nd Gen).
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

cport

• Charter Member
  • FlukeMaster who?
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2018, 09:07:50 AM »

Many good rods out there now for the $125-200 price. Dobyns Sierra is a killer rod, as well as the St Croix Mojo Bass (2nd Gen).
You is right about that, love my Mojo Rod!
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

apiazza

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2018, 10:31:15 AM »

Ahh yes.... the force is strong in this one. Wait til you buy a very nice rod to match the nice reel. Your life and wallet will never be the same again.  ~roflmao

Enjoy the new reel!!  ~beer~
Lol it's sad how easy I get sucked into stuff. I have more expensive hobbies then I like to admit. My wife just looks at me funny when I starting buying stuff. She fishes with a $40 dicks sporting goods special and does just as good as I do as long as I rig her line, touch the bait, tell her where to throw, pull the fish on the bank and remove the hook. She's good at reeling lol.

apiazza

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2018, 07:12:43 AM »

I'm a little cheap right now because I just bought a new race motorcycle but I did find a lews mach 1 6'10" MH on clearance for $34 so that should be some improvement over my cheap ugly stick lol

bigjean663

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2018, 09:34:42 AM »

After reading through all the comments I believe my reply is a little late but Iíll throw it out there anyway. I was in the same boat cash wise. I knew that I didnít have a whole lot to work with so I did some research and spent a lot of time going hands on with a few different combos (combo was gonna be the best bang for my buck at the time). I settled on the Pfleuger Monarch combo from Dicks. Iíve had high priced setups before (curado, Lews, etc) and yeah, theyíre awesome. For $60, this combo is great. Iíve had absolutely no issues with it, rod has really really good sensitivity (IMO), reel seems to be plenty fast enough and smooth enough, and for the price I havenít used anything thatís felt or done this well.

I know itís late but maybe itíll help someone else in their adventure for a nice entry level or just cheaper option for a baitcast we combo
Iíd rather be on the water catching nothing than catching paperwork and cases at work.

Semper Fi
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 23 queries.