Spooling up some Hi Viz

Started by Bud Kennedy, July 07, 2018, 11:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

Finally got around to spooling up my last reel with some Hi Viz Power Pro.  This stuff is really a big help to those of us who are vision impaired. 

Capt. BassinLou

I have switched over to hi-viz yellow PP for a few months now and its helped me a lot when I'm frog fishing. I can quickly tell the direction the bass are going when they take the frog.

gtrpickr

I have got to get me some of that line, I too am vision impaired and cant see regular line for nothing.

topdsm0138

I have that same line on my UL Ugly Stick. It really does help when you are UL jigging and a light biter moves the bait.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Bud Kennedy

Quote from: Bassinlou on July 07, 2018, 11:24:06 AM
I have switched over to hi-viz yellow PP for a few months now and its helped me a lot when I'm frog fishing. I can quickly tell the direction the bass are going when they take the frog.

Thanks Lou, went ahead and re spooled my frog reel based on your experience.  Now I am all set.  All I need now is some fish.   ~gf

Oldfart9999

It does make it easier to see when you have a bite, old eyes can use help!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Smallie_Stalker

Because of aging eyes I switched to hi-vis braid years ago. I don't believe I get any less bites but it has made a huge difference in my ability to convert more hits to actual fish landed. Being able to see your line definitely makes a big difference.

Sent from my LG-H932 (LG V30 Plus) using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Lipripper

I need to switch my reels over also just as soon as I can find some on sale somewhere.  ;D My eyes are getting even worse since my cancer treatment.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

LgMouthGambler

Got some Hi Viz Kastking mono for the Tournament Pro G. Loving it so far with slooooooow moving baits.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on July 07, 2018, 03:26:15 PM
Got some Hi Viz Kastking mono for the Tournament Pro G. Loving it so far with slooooooow moving baits.

<")))>{

No bleeding?
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

1ReelFanatik

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on July 07, 2018, 09:27:40 PM
No bleeding?

Highly doubt it since it is a mono.

Lipripper, are you only using braid?  If not, I love Neon Tangerine Siege.  Very easy to see.  I use it in 8# and 12#.  I put some Hi-Viz Yellow 60# braid on my frog rod and some 5# on a finesse spinning rod.  Yup......easy to see.   lo

SteveTX

I just picked up some about a week ago. I have been using it off and on for the same reason my eyes arent what they use to be. To me, like Smallie, it has also been helpful to convert more hits to actual fish landed.

I go these Suffix 832 for $10 each. For me its excellent line like Power Pro.

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: 1ReelFanatik on July 08, 2018, 08:54:43 PM

Lipripper, are you only using braid?  If not, I love Neon Tangerine Siege.  Very easy to see.  I use it in 8# and 12#.  I put some Hi-Viz Yellow 60# braid on my frog rod and some 5# on a finesse spinning rod.  Yup......easy to see.   lo

I ask because I have a spool of the same line. My fingers are yellow after I fish. So was curious if he experienced the same thing.

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on July 09, 2018, 05:26:55 AM
None.

<")))>{

Cool, maybe they fixed it. I bought my spool sometimes last year.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

Quote from: 1ReelFanatik on July 08, 2018, 08:54:43 PM

Yelp I only use braid I put some sufax mono on my spinning UL set up and didn't like it so pulled it off and put some 8lb fire line on it. It's had to see so I'm thinking about getting some of this Hi Viz stuff and put it on all my reels. I use 30 lb PP on my frog reel and it's got a few years on it so I need to change it anyhow and thinking about upping it to a higher size also like a 40 or bigger size.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet