Reel repairs

Started by Oldfart9999, July 12, 2018, 06:26:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldfart9999

We are blessed to have 3 excellent reel repair folks here if anyone needs normal maintenance done or super tuning done, I've tried all 3 and can assure you they are very good at their craft.
The first I had do some work I knew from another site I belonged to, PRO REEL, Kevin Rush in Kansas does very good work and with his help got me into doing my own work. The second was Mike Cork, Corks reel service, he did a supertune on a new reel I bought and it is excellent. LMG, Matt just did one for me and I'm very happy with the job he did.
While I do my own work, can't afford to send 20+ out for service every year if I'm unable to do a reel when I need it I'm very comfortable having any one of these 3 get the job. I've also found that they give very good advice and help here, for anyone needing work done or has a question I highly recommend them!!!
Rodney     
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

LgMouthGambler

Thank you for the kind words sir. I have a passiin for reels, as yall already know. I take pride in working on them, and love when really cool staple reels come across my bench.

For instance, I have 2 on my bench right now that this guy wanted to go all out on.

He also sent me 2 Calais reels that he loves. When people love their reels as much as I do, it makes me enjoy the work even more.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Mike Cork

For specialty stuff, Matt is the guy ~c~

I just clean and tune, not into all the fancy handle stuff. I can get it  :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

SteveTX

Quote from: Mike Cork on July 12, 2018, 04:37:23 PM
For specialty stuff, Matt is the guy ~c~
I totally agree. I've never had Matt (LMG) work on any of my reels but from what I have seen he is the guy for custom work. Some of the reels I have seen posted here are works of art.

I have had Mike do the basic cleaning on a reel and it has been great. Also his prices are very fair.

My problem is the same as Oldfart I cannot spend the $ to send off my batch of reels. So in order for me to be able to maintain the level of fishing that I do I must do most if not all of my own work. But in the rare case I need work I would gladly use Mike or Matt.

Lipripper

I had Kevin from Pro Reel do mine a few years ago right before I got cancer and he did a great Job and since I don't have too many reels I can send them off to either Mike or Matt to clean them. I'm not sure if they do spinning reels but mine needs a good going over and so does my one and only BC which I use as a frog rod and just about anything else I can throw with it.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Lipripper on July 12, 2018, 06:07:37 PM
I had Kevin from Pro Reel do mine a few years ago right before I got cancer and he did a great Job and since I don't have too many reels I can send them off to either Mike or Matt to clean them. I'm not sure if they do spinning reels but mine needs a good going over and so does my one and only BC which I use as a frog rod and just about anything else I can throw with it.  ;D
One thing I dont do sir, is spinning reels. Im sure if anybody Googles "LMG VS spinning reels" my thoughts on them will show up somewhere. Lol!

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SFL BassHunter

If I ever need a spinning reel serviced or fixed I'll gladly ship mine over to Mike instead of driving my reel to LMG.
He refuses to even look at a spinning reel. I was holding my spinning outfit while fishing a couple weekends ago and our boat crossed paths with his boat and it was like a vampire in sunlight. I think his skin started to burn.
Lol
The good thing is I know we have other great reel guys here that could take care of my spinning reels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Oldfart9999

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on July 13, 2018, 06:35:21 AM
If I ever need a spinning reel serviced or fixed I'll gladly ship mine over to Mike instead of driving my reel to LMG.
He refuses to even look at a spinning reel. I was holding my spinning outfit while fishing a couple weekends ago and our boat crossed paths with his boat and it was like a vampire in sunlight. I think his skin started to burn.
Lol
The good thing is I know we have other great reel guys here that could take care of my spinning reels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do expect, he doesn't like Senko's either!!! lo lo lo ;)
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Lipripper

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on July 12, 2018, 07:26:30 PM
One thing I dont do sir, is spinning reels. Im sure if anybody Googles "LMG VS spinning reels" my thoughts on them will show up somewhere. Lol!

<")))>{

Matt I know how you feel about spinning reels and senkos  ~roflmao ~roflmao

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet