New Member Info

Started by RDY2GO, July 20, 2018, 08:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDY2GO

Following instructions!  lol

My name is Bruce McCrary and I'm from Cotton Grove, NC., which is the High Rock Lake area. Basically I am a noob to fishing and boats, but have had some experience years ago.

I grew up on the south western banks of Lake Okeechobee (Clewiston) and did some bass fishing on the lake and in the canal system that is so prevalent in the area (My Dad ran the drainage districts on that side of the lake).   

For most of my life my passion and hobby has been motorcycles; racing MX as a kid and later getting involved with hare scrambles, enduros and other off road racing, trail riding, and then around 2004 I got involved with street riding. From that point my interests turned to long distance riding; IBA certified rides (IBA #42020 for those that might be familiar) competitive rallying and various Rides To Eat all over the country. While I have ridden hundreds of thousands of miles and had more fun than I could possibly say here, lately I have found myself looking in another direction.

In the last year or more I have found myself interested in getting back into bass fishing, that and my location has brought about an interest in getting a boat.

Honestly, at this point it would be fair to say that I have a bad case of boat fever...

So, I promise to use the search function before asking questions, I promise to not start a never ending thread (in the motorcycle world that would involve tires or oil...) and my hopes are to gain some insight and more up to date knowledge about fishing and boats.
Bruce McCrary
Cotton Grove, NC

analfisherman

RDY2GO,WELCOME TO THE SITE!

You joined the rite site!  ~c~

Feel free to ask ANY QUESTIONS that come to mind.
One thing we ALL enjoy is DISCUSSING any and ALL fishing topics!

The site is loaded with helpfull ideas on both fishing and boats and we really don't care how many times a question is asked.....WE ALL LEARN together!

Look forward to learning rite along side you!
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

Lipripper

Bruce and to Ultimate Bass and glad to have you here with us some make yourself right at  :)hsh: and if you have question don't worry about asking them. When your looking around and can't find what your looking for or have a question just holler.  ;D We are glad you decided to join us here and if you would like a chance to win some Mr Twister baits stop by here and sign up.  New Members Contest - July 2018 while your in the contest area be sure to check out the other contest from one of our newest sponsors  X Zone Lures Giveaway [22 July 18] we would love to see some fishing reports from after you have a good or bad day out on the water so if you would after a day of fishing please stop by and drop off a fishing report  North Carolina Bass Fishing Reports  If you like Competitions stop by and get in on the one we have here. It's only for bragging rights but still a lot of fun.  July 2018 IBASS Official thread Well once again welcome to Ultimate Bass and glad to have you here with us.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

zippyduck

Welcome to UB!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask away, that is why this site is the best, Everyone will give you opinions, its up to you to sort them out.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Princeton_Man

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

RDY2GO

Thanks for all the welcoming replies!  From what I've seen so far, looks like a friendly and knowledgeable group of folks here.
Bruce McCrary
Cotton Grove, NC

Lipripper

Quote from: RDY2GO on July 20, 2018, 12:58:50 PM
Thanks for all the welcoming replies!  From what I've seen so far, looks like a friendly and knowledgeable group of folks here.
You still have a few hours left to stop by that New Members link I gave you up above and enter the New Members Contest. You only need three more post and one of them in that thread to say you want in. ;D If you do there's a good chance you might win since there is only two names in the right now.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

DocIrv

UB members get a 20% discount. Use the coupon code UB20 during check out. If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
*But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I ret

Donald Garner

RDY2GO

Welcome to the UltimateBass Family we're glad you're here  ~c~
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Smallie_Stalker

Hey Bruce. Welcome to the Ultimate Bass family! Pleasure to have you with us. Pull up a chair, make yourself right at home and jump in wherever you feel comfortable.  

If you are interested in a little friendly competition for bragging rights only get in on our iBass tournament . You can find the rules here iBass Rules

We love pictures around here. Please feel free to post some pics of your catches anytime in our Catch of the Day board.

Would like to win some free gear from some of the great companies that sponsor our site? Be sure and put your name in for the New Member's Contest and the Weekly Contests .

Looking forward to seeing you around the boards and to learning from what you share with us.

In the meantime, if you need any help with anything at all please don't hesitate to contact me or any other staff member.

Once again, Welcome!

><> Smallie_Stalker  <><

Sent from my LG-H932 (LG V30 Plus) using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

mygreenihc

RDY2Go,  Welcome to UltimateBass!

Speaking of never ending topics,  Have you ever eaten at the East Coast Wings there in Thomasville?  Goood stuff, it is.

Brad

GeorgeRoach

Hello, Bruce! Welcome aboard!

RDY2GO

Quote from: mygreenihc on July 30, 2018, 05:24:50 PM
RDY2Go,  Welcome to UltimateBass!

Speaking of never ending topics,  Have you ever eaten at the East Coast Wings there in Thomasville?  Goood stuff, it is.

Brad

Thomasville?  No.

Winston Salem and Salisbury?  Oh yeah, goooooood eatin'...
Bruce McCrary
Cotton Grove, NC