Bass boat covers

Started by Bassinkorea, July 16, 2018, 07:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassinkorea

I am in need of a new boat cover for my Triton.
I have tried C&O Marine, but they have been extremely slow in responding to me. Is there any other recommended places to get good quality covers?
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

WTodd

I bought mine from Auto Anything online and got a 5 year warranty with it. After about 3 1/2 yrs it tore; I sent them a few pics and they sent me a new one. Prices are good too. Don't pay the advertised price; they have a chat feature; use it to get a discount.  I've bought quite a few things from them for my trucks too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donald Garner

BPS, Academy, Cabela's  all sell boat covers.  You'll just need to match up the size of your boat with their inventory. 

You could also call Triton and have one of those "woops"y high speed custom covers made  ;)

I need to replace both of my boat covers.  My covers I'm using now were bought at Academy.  This Texas hot azz sun is taking a toll on them. 

Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Oldfart9999

Go with a custom if you can.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Bud Kennedy

BK, Custom cover for your boat is made in Flippin, Arkansas.  I bought my last one in April and the cost here in the U.S. was $1100.00.  This is a full towing cover with built in motor cover.  There is an order information form that gathers the data relative to your boat that allows for the construction.  All covers are hand sewn and weigh about 35 # for an 18ft boat.  Somewhere in my files I have one of these forms that I can send to you as an attachment on your standard e mail.  Not through UB

Bigwrench

Awhile back when researching covers I contacted Aurora Canvas Inc out of Missouri. They have some great prices and pretty good quality.
  An afterthought is my Ranger cover lasted about 16 years so it's a tough call lol
I'm going to be ordering a new cover within the next week so looking forward to the responses here.
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

Deadeye

My Ranger cover is about done. It isn't torn but it leaks enough to keep the carpet wet and that's no good.

Bud Kennedy

Quote from: Deadeye on July 17, 2018, 08:48:46 AM
My Ranger cover is about done. It isn't torn but it leaks enough to keep the carpet wet and that's no good.

My old cover was doing the leak thing as well.  On the recommendations of Lee Smith, I treated the cover with Aqua Armor (ordered from home depot) and it certainly helped a bunch.  After a while the cover after being cooked by the sun for 7 years finally developed seam tears so It was time to replace it as I wanted to also get new carpeting.  On an 18 foot boat cover it takes an entire 28oz bottle of this stuff to treat the cover properly.

Mike Cork

Some great advice here but have you considered where you are? I would bet that there is a shop that could look at your boat and build an amazing cover  :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

Quote from: Mike Cork on July 17, 2018, 10:23:36 AM
Some great advice here but have you considered where you are? I would bet that there is a shop that could look at your boat and build an amazing cover  :-*
I can imagine how much they would charge to ship it over there to you also.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Bassinkorea

Quote from: Mike Cork on July 17, 2018, 10:23:36 AM

I heard there is a guy in Seoul, but that is a LONG way from here and spare time is like gold dust for me right now. Any spare I do get, I should be on the water   ~cf

Lipripper

Quote from: Bassinkorea on July 17, 2018, 07:22:27 PM
I heard there is a guy in Seoul, but that is a LONG way from here and spare time is like gold dust for me right now. Any spare I do get, I should be on the water   ~cf
I hear you Steve your spare time needs to be out  ~cf

D.W. Verts

I recently purchased a "semi-custom" cover from National Boat covers for a little over $300. It is NOT a trailerable cover in my opinion (it's advertised as such), but it is a nice cover and it really does mostly fit the boat. I'll still have to tepee it to keep from getting a bathtub when it rains.

I think it came with a five-year warranty. And they of course have options.

Aurora canvas is also a very good cover company.
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Wizard

Dean's Covers sells custom new and blems. The blems are color only. I believe Aurora also sells color  blemished covers.

Wizard

Oldfart9999

BK, until you find a cover just use a tarp with pvc arches to keep it from becoming a reservoir, neat, cheap, will get you by.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Bud Kennedy

Kind of a funny subject.  All kinds of alternative ideas but I have yet to hear BK say exactly what he wanted.  Here we are talking about alternative sources, blems, low cost etc etc. 

If you really want a high  quality cover for a triton boat, one that fits perfectly and stands up to the weather and functions as a towing cover then the only answer is to have Ranger make you one.  They make covers for all of the boats in their expanded family.

Now if you really don't want something like that then it does not really matter,  but spending that much money for something that kinda sorta does the job just does not make sense to me.  I know I did not want to spend the money I spent on my new cover but I fully realized what I really needed and wanted and trust me when I say there are no other form fit and function replacements, I know because I checked with everyone out there.  Now if all you want is a storage or mooring cover then you can find some alternatives but for real towing and total protection get the best.

Bassinkorea

Thanks for all the input fellas, realy appreciated!

As for what I want, well, I really want one of the Triton specific covers made exactly for my boat model. However, I heard through C&O Marine that it's tough to get a cover for a model as old as mine (2005). Plus, those Triton covers are not cheap!!

I don't really need a towing cover, in fact I wouldn't trust any cover used whilst towing.

I would be happy with a good / decent quality cover just for outdoor storage, but yet tight enough around the boat to stop critters (like cats, another story) getting in and under the cover.

With any cover I get, I need to make some PVC tube arches for under the cover to stop the water ponding as I have a single console, and that is how the last cover got distroyed.

-Shawn-

I just ordered a Sunbrella from National Boat coverers. It was 449.00 with free shipping. 10 year warranty. Nationalboatcovers.com

Bassinkorea

They look good Shawn. I have just emailed them to see if they ship over here.

D.W. Verts

My National fits close enough- Chargers have "cut off" corners at the back of the boat to the transom-even full blown custom covers don't always get this right. It's actually a little large- better than being too small.

I'm satisfied with it. I didn't go Sunbrella like Shawn, and I got the five-year warranty. If I still have this boat in five years I'll be surprised.

If I'm still ALIVE in five years I'll be shocked.
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Bassinkorea

Thanks for your input Dale.
They quickly replied to my email, and unfortunately, they don't / won't deliver to Korea  ???

Princeton_Man

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Deadeye

I've been looking for covers since I put my hand through mine.

I bought one custom fit for my 2004 Ranger 185 VS through Empire Covers at Empirecovers.com.

It is 100% waterproof, twice as thick as they others I looked at, Free Shipping, 5 year warranty, and on sale at half price at $177.00.

Google is your friend.

Lipripper

Quote from: Bassinkorea on July 25, 2018, 11:05:47 PM
They quickly replied to my email, and unfortunately, they don't / won't deliver to Korea  ???
Steve I hope you can find someone who will ship over there to you.

-Shawn-

Quote from: Bassinkorea on July 25, 2018, 11:05:47 PM

I can probably Be a middle man to get something shipped if you need me too.  ;)