Florida Bass Talk (August 2018)

Started by Capt. BassinLou, July 31, 2018, 01:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadeye

I found a new pond to try and got permission to fish it. As soon as I walked up to it I knew it was going to be tough.

It had anywhere from 6-10 ft of grass growing out of the water along the edge and all I had was my Spinning outfit with 12 lb test.

Gave it a try anyway and on the first hit the fish buried itself in that grass on the way in. I was like "well no sense in doing this anymore".

Might try it again with an outfit with heavier tackle that I can horse through all that grass.

cport

Quote from: Deadeye on August 17, 2018, 06:09:10 AM
I found a new pond to try and got permission to fish it. As soon as I walked up to it I knew it was going to be tough.

It had anywhere from 6-10 ft of grass growing out of the water along the edge and all I had was my Spinning outfit with 12 lb test.

Gave it a try anyway and on the first hit the fish buried itself in that grass on the way in. I was like "well no sense in doing this anymore".

Might try it again with an outfit with heavier tackle that I can horse through all that grass.
It didn't take me long after moving to Florida to switch to braid from mono. Used PLine Mono and Maxima exclusively in California, primarily spinning. All it took was losing a large fish in the weeds at Horseshoe Lake to switch to braid and start acquiring baitcasting gear. Come to think of it, that's when I started noticing the banana smell all the time....

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

LgMouthGambler

Got some rigs together for this weekend. 6....6 dang UL rigs.  lo This should be fun.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 17, 2018, 07:36:11 AM
Got some rigs together for this weekend. 6....6 dang UL rigs.  lo This should be fun.

:o :o dang 6!?

:( ... not even one frog outfit? SMH.... one day you will learn.  ::)  >:D

Capt. BassinLou

and no... a UL frogging outfit doesn't count!!  lo lo

SFL BassHunter

He's hell bent on catching all the dinks. Better for us. He can handle all the dinks and leave the bigger fish for us. lol
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 17, 2018, 07:51:18 AM
and no... a UL frogging outfit doesn't count!!  lo lo

Oh yes it does.  lo

On a side note, I ate a large 4 way from Skyline Chili for lunch. Im afraid to fart.  :shocking:
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 17, 2018, 12:48:02 PM
Oh yes it does.  lo

On a side note, I ate a large 4 way from Skyline Chili for lunch. Im afraid to fart.  :shocking:

:shocking:
Had to look that up...very carefully...on my phone. Steaming Spaghetti covered with their secret recipe chili, topped with a mound of shredded cheddar cheese. So did you go with the Onions or Beans? lol
I am guessing beans if you are afraid to fart. Though I think if you would have gone with beans you might not have the option to hold the farts back.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on August 17, 2018, 01:22:15 PM
Had to look that up...very carefully...on my phone. Steaming Spaghetti covered with their secret recipe chili, topped with a mound of shredded cheddar cheese. So did you go with the Onions or Beans? lol
I am guessing beans if you are afraid to fart. Though I think if you would have gone with beans you might not have the option to hold the farts back.

Beans  ~b~

SFL BassHunter

Florida Bass Fishing

cport

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 17, 2018, 12:48:02 PM

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on August 17, 2018, 01:22:15 PM

I am consistently amazed by the sophisticated and cerebral conversation at UB. And for your edification, the technical term for what Matt is afraid of is "sharting".
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

LgMouthGambler

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: cport on August 17, 2018, 01:38:04 PM
I am consistently amazed by the sophisticated and cerebral conversation at UB. And for your edification, the technical term for what Matt is afraid of is "sharting".

~roflmao ~roflmao

cport

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: cport on August 17, 2018, 01:38:04 PM
Oh I am fully aware of what he is afraid of. I'd be afraid of that too after seeing a picture of what he ate. lol
Poor guy is a ticking time bomb. He best stay near a toilet for the next few days.
Florida Bass Fishing

Capt. BassinLou

And Barry is serving chili for the Classic and Matt is bunking with Barry!!  ~roflmao ~roflmao

cport

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

cport

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 17, 2018, 01:45:45 PM
And Barry is serving chili for the Classic and Matt is bunking with Barry!!  ~roflmao ~roflmao

I'm sure Barry would appreciate some clarity; Matt is bunking in the same cabin as Barry lo
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: cport on August 17, 2018, 01:47:32 PM
I'm sure Barry would appreciate some clarity; Matt is bunking in the same cabin as Barry lo

Im not eating Chili when Im gonna be on the water.  lo

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: cport on August 17, 2018, 01:47:32 PM

lo lo very true... I appreciate the correction Chris. You and Barry will be bunking with Matt.  ~roflmao ~roflmao ~roflmao

SFL BassHunter

Wait chili is on the menu? That's a tough one to digest.  lol

That might be Barry's secret plan. Everyone eats chili except him and BAM next day everyone is sharting themselves.
That's devious Barry...very devious but now we are on to you.
Florida Bass Fishing

BarryFL

LOL. My chili doesn't do that to you.

~Barry~

~Barry~

Lipripper

Quote from: TR21FL on August 17, 2018, 04:04:47 PM
LOL. My chili doesn't do that to you.

~Barry~
Come into my parlor said the spider to the fly.  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SFL BassHunter

Florida Bass Fishing