Best braid line on the market

Started by Jdog, August 01, 2018, 02:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burbarry

When you get a nest learn how to get line out. Step one pull line out till it snags. Right where it's snagging grab the line  that's causing the snag pull on it  hard (May even put reel in reverse for a little bit). Then pull more line out till next snag and repeat till no more snags.

Now to stop this from happening I recommend 2 things. First tightening the knobs all the way cast line out and adjust knobs slowly. Second always keep thumb over the line ready to stop it if you feel a nest starting. Different lures need different settings and same with line even older line needs monitored for adjustments over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capt. BassinLou

@CyberSlyder, since you are new to b/c's. In the future when you re-spool. Use backing with cheaper line, then finish spooling your reel with braid.

SteveTX

Quote from: Bassinlou on October 15, 2018, 06:48:51 PM
@CyberSlyder, since you are new to b/c's. In the future when you re-spool. Use backing with cheaper line, then finish spooling your reel with braid.
To add to this next time you have as much line off the reel that you are casting out use a piece of tape to tape the part that you won't be using down. This prevents a backlash from entering this deep into the spool.

Pferox

Another thing is never trust ANYBODY you don't know to fill your reel.

It might have not been spooled tight enough.  Always do the "Bumper or Tree" fix if you get a "free" spool up.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

SteelHorseCowboy

Quote from: CybrSlydr on October 15, 2018, 02:48:33 PM
When I bought the reel, the shop offered to spool it for free if I bought the line.  I wanted to buy line anyway, so they put on however much 15# Suffix 832 fits on the Curado DC.

I then took it fishing and, while not thinking, hit the thumb release and watched the lure fall and hit the ground.  Of course, it then overran and birdsnested like crazy.

I had to cut the whole thing off.  Not sure how much is left on the actual line spool, but the Curado DC spool was completely ruined.

I never even got to make a single cast with it before I ruined it.  lol
You should try a thicker line, 12# mono or equivalent. Being new to a baitcaster, I'd also suggest you tighten your cast control knob until the bait won't fall, then slowly loosen it until it very slowly eases toward the ground.

Then practice. As you get more experience and get better, loosen things up.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

SFL BassHunter

15lb braid on a baitcaster can be a pain with the line digging in.

I would also try some mono first to learn though just cause it's cheaper. Once you have a feel for the reel you can rip it out and put braid on it. Or leave the mono till you need to replace it.

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

SteelHorseCowboy

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on October 19, 2018, 06:49:49 AM
15lb braid on a baitcaster can be a pain with the line digging in.

I would also try some mono first to learn though just cause it's cheaper. Once you have a feel for the reel you can rip it out and put braid on it. Or leave the mono till you need to replace it.

Learned this one the hard way myself.

the_huber_show

I had this bad boy my first time using a baitcaster in over 15 years with spyderwire 30lbs.  It took me every bit of 30 minutes to get this out.

I have found using a light test backer helps with the digging in.

That's crazy you had to cut out from just hitting the ground  :shocking:
Fishbrain: The_Huber_Show

SteelHorseCowboy

Quote from: the_huber_show on October 19, 2018, 09:01:00 AM

I had this bad boy my first time using a baitcaster in over 15 years with spyderwire 30lbs.  It took me every bit of 30 minutes to get this out.

I have found using a light test backer helps with the digging in.

That's crazy you had to cut out from just hitting the ground  :shocking:
Holy cow dude, I woulda cut that too!