SJHT Carnegie Lake Club Results Sun. Aug. 05, 2018

Started by BigNasty06, August 06, 2018, 09:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigNasty06

Place: Carnegie Lake, Princeton, NJ
Date: Sun. Aug 05, 2018
Time: 5:30am-1:30pm
Weather: Warm and Humid 75 degrees with Blue Bird skies starting off.  Turning BLAZING HOT at 93 Degrees with barely any wind. 
Water Temps: 73 Up Princeton Boat 80.2 Degrees down by normal boat ramp.
Water Clarity: Semi clear down to 1.5'; Muddy further up towards the bridges.
Wind Gust: 5-10MPH
Best Lure:  Numerous~ Crankbaits, jigs, finesse worms; Wacky & weedless worms.
Depths fished: 2'~5'
Limit: 3
----------------------------------------------

Today, 12 SJHT members and 1 guest traveled up to the always plentiful Carnegie Lake.   This event scheduled for Saturday was moved to Sunday because the forecasted Rain and Lightening Storms.  Water levels appeared just right but the muddy conditions further up towards the bridges made the bite a little tough for some.  Carnegie typically offers up some Big Girls but after the initial one hour into the tournament, the bite died down for pretty much most of us.  Myself included.

Alright....Without further adieu....give a Big Shout out to Brian *SubFish* M. Brian was able to weigh in 3 Bass going 8.49lbs. Brian also won Misc. with a .94lb Catfish.   2nd place was won by Jackson Fu with 3 Bass weighing  7.23lbs.[/b] 3rd Place and LUNKER was won by Bryson S. with 3 Bass going 5.89lbs.  Bryson's Lunker went a nice 3.27lbs.   Congrats men on a Hot, Humid, tough fishing day.

CARNEGIE LAKE TALE OF THE TAPE:

Brian SubFish  1st Place and Catfish Misc. bag:

Fu's 2nd Place Bag:

Bryson's 3rd Place Bag and Lunker:

Other Anglers bags from the weigh in and images from the water:

Jiggen Den's Bag:

Bill's  Bag of Bass weighed in:

BN06's Bag:

6th sense Minus 1 CB

Carlos Bag of Bass:

Moe's Solo Bass:

Trapper's Solo Bass:

Troop trying to figure them out in the pads:

Trying to hide from the Sun across on the Eastern side of the lake

Last dink of the day:

Selfie in the early AM before I took a nap:

My livewell after I got home.  Who knew Carnegie had crawfish?

Summary: 11  out of 13 Anglers caught at least 1  Bass.  There were a total of 25 Bass caught overall giving way to a total of 43.05 lbs.  The avg. weight of each Bass went 1.72lbs.  There were 5 Limits caught and 4 anglers caught at least 2 Bass. 

So as one can see, even after the deluge of rain and unstable weather from the day before, the Carnegie Lake Bass were active early on but died till about Mid-day.  Most anglers tried finding Shade near the tree lined shorelines.  I had to take a 10 minute nap due to the previous night festivities.  Yes... a long night\day.

Not until the last hour did a lot of anglers start getting bit repeatedly.  Myself included. The bass along with a slight easterly breeze for some reason got them active again.  I caught my last 2 keeps within 5 minutes of each other.  I caught another 2-3 dinks after those last 2 keepers.  Hence the solo pic with the dink size catch.

With the High Heat and Humidity, one of our guest got Heat sickness and had to come in a bit early and get under the Air condition to cool down a bit.  Get well Justin!

Next up is STONE TAVERN in 1 week.  Saturday, Aug. 11, 2018

Tightlines,
BN06

Lipripper

Once again thanks for the great report and some more nice fish  ;PHO) Sounds like a great day to be fishing. I was wondering if u was using live bait but then I saw them crawdad bits in your live well  lo lo So you had to take a short nap  lo lo I was sure glad to see your picture with some fish in your hands.  ~c~ ~c~ So that's not bad 11 out of the 13 Anglers caught at least 1 Bass. So I'm taking that to mean that one member ( Bill "Trooper" C and your guest Justin didn't weigh in any fish so does that mean they didn't catch any or just not any big enough to weigh in.  ;D Sorry to see that Justin got heat stroke and hope he's going to be OK. Thanks again for your report and will be looking for your next one.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Capt. BassinLou

BigNasty06

That would be correcto Lipripper on Troop and Justin not catching a New jersey legal 12" or more Bass.  Justin is doing much better after coming in and cooling off a bit.  He was fishing with his dad and so the Tale tell signs were there.

We're all considered season anglers but the heat almost got the best of me too but i caught 2 Bass within 5 minutes of the last, i somehow got a burst of energy and didn't focus on actually how hot it was.  All i know, i was almost the last to come in since i knew my biggest Bass would not hold up at weigh in.

An earlier nap was needed due to getting home around 1:15am and waking back up at 2:45am to drive the 1:05hr to get to the lake in decent time.  It's been nearly 3 weeks since I've been on the water....so i was just Happy to be out with my crew after the layoff.

Lipripper

Glad to hear Justin is Ok. I can see why you needed a nap. :surrender: I see they didn't catch a 12" fish to weigh in but did they catch any fish at all. ;D

BigNasty06

Quote from: Lipripper on August 06, 2018, 07:43:12 PM
Glad to hear Justin is Ok. I can see why you needed a nap. :surrender: I see they didn't catch a 12" fish to weigh in but did they catch any fish at all. ;D

I don't believe Troop nor Justin caught any sub par 12" Bass.  That was Troops 1st time fishing Carnegie Lake.  Justin was working off of prior info. From another angler that had done well in the oast there.

Lipripper

Quote from: BigNasty06 on August 06, 2018, 09:29:20 PM
I don't believe Troop nor Justin caught any sub par 12" Bass.  That was Troops 1st time fishing Carnegie Lake.  Justin was working off of prior info. From another angler that had done well in the oast there.
well I guess I can give them a skunk hall pass this time but it's only good for one time and I will be  ~goof the weigh in board closer from now on.  lo lo