Need a little Toledo Bend help...

Started by BassCatBates, March 28, 2018, 09:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BassCatBates

any of my BCB brothers got info on the bend?  We are fishing our Club tournament there  April 14.  Launching from the Texas side at Pendleton I think.  Since I don't know the lake well I'd like to stay fairly close to the launch area.  The plan is to go over that Friday and practice and spend the night. 
Just need some locations and maybe some clues as to what to look for.
I fished it once, several years ago.  I think we were in the LaNan area that time.
2009 MediaBass South Arkansas Division Angler of the Year.

Union County Bass Club.

Oldfart9999

Any of you UBCS guys able to help out?
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Mike Cork

Man have I got the deal for you. Launch and run north to the first arm, that's Patroon. If you go in the back of it, you'll find buck brush full of bass, shad, and fun. If you stay in the buck brush in the middle of the arm you'll find bigger bass, a little slower action but the ole top water is the prefered weapon.

I caught them flipping the buck brush, you had to get deep in it, caught them on Frogs and spinnerbaits. By the time you get there the Shad spawn should be in full swing and you'll have no trouble catching them.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

BassCatBates

Thanks Mike!  Sounds like my kind of fishing! 
I appreciate the info!

Union County Bass Club.

Elwood

Mike is 100% correct.....I have been averaging 20+ fish a trip out there right now.  All shallow buck brush seems to hold fish.  I was using the spinnerbait and a creature bait.  With shad spawn you should have a great time.
Elwood
Bass Cat Boats Moderator / Dobyns Rods Pro Staff
2020 Bass Cat Eyra 2020 Mercury 300R 4S

BassCatBates

Patroon was just what I needed Mike.  Never caught a big fish but caught plenty and had a blast... just wish the weather would have been better.  ~rain

Union County Bass Club.

Mike Cork

It's been crazy lately, almost impossible to fish a lake like Todelo. Fronts and winds make big water a brutal affair. Thanks for the follow up.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

BassCatBates

Yeah I got a tip on some creeks off the main lake but the wind made me nervous enough not to attempt to get to them.  :(

Union County Bass Club.

BassCatBates

By the way, is TB under some type of turtle protection program.... I've never seen that many turtles in my life!!!!!   lo

Union County Bass Club.