A Piece of Bass Cat History

Started by D.W. Verts, August 06, 2018, 09:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.W. Verts

I took a pic of this beauty today on LOZ. It's an amazingly clean old girl-

Everything on it appears to be original equipment, from the Humminbird Super Sixty to the 36# Motorguide to the original Tower of Power inline six cylinder 150, and the power trim buttons (up, down, & trailer- who remembers THAT!) are on the right side of the console!

The boat looks amazingly clean. I'd almost like to have it myself. It's the oldest 'Cat I've seen- I'm bettin'  it's one of the older ones in existence.
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

FloridaFishinFool

Vintage boats are awesome! Don't see that sort of thing around here.
Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

D.W. Verts

I wonder if Rick Pierce would like to see this?
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Princeton_Man

Very cool!  ~c~

Vintage boats, cars, machines, communications, you name it. I can spend days looking at pieces like that and thinking about the advances. Lakes were a lot bigger back when that ol' girl was new.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Oldfart9999

High tech in the day, neat seeing those boats as old as me!!! lo
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Wizard

I'm sure Rick would love to see it. He's interested in company history. You can post it on the BassCat site in the owner's board. He knows you. Include where the boat is located by mm if you can.
Those old "high hat" Mercs were good engines.

Wizard

Polaris425

Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

Mike Cork

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service