New Nitro Z18

Started by WTodd, August 09, 2018, 08:24:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadeye

Speaking of Power Poles Walt.

Never have had them yet, but I've heard from quite a few that a good habit to get into is to either put a cover on them or wrap a bungie cord around them for travel.

Reason being that if a hose or connection fails the unit will drop down while your running down the road and you'll be dragging the Spike on the pavement.

The cover or bungie wrap will prevent them from doing that if a failure of the line happens.

WTodd

I bought some adjustable straps for them initially but now I have covers for the reasons you stated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTodd

Quote from: FD on August 11, 2018, 01:28:48 AM
Welcome to the world of glass!  Great looking boat.

I made the switch in 2007. Sometimes I miss the tin but not when the weather is rough. Except when I'm outrunning bad weather, I run at about 75% if WOT which is about 55 mph for me.  The hot foot your going to love once you get used to it. Having both hands on the wheel in rough weather is nice. Make sure you power off the poles when you trailer as they sometimes get a mind of their own.

See you at the classic.

swim/bike/run....repeat

Sent from the end of the paved road.....
I'm slowly getting used to the Hot Foot; I think I now have it adjusted for optimal use especially when I have to "no wake" it.  Today was the first time out fishing; it took me 3 days to break-in the motor due to weather so I've had it out 4 times this week.  A couple more things I have to remember to do vs the Lowe boat; turn off the Power Poles and turn off the main power switch but it'll become routine soon enough.

Lipripper

Quote from: WTodd on August 11, 2018, 01:49:52 PM
I'm slowly getting used to the Hot Foot; I think I now have it adjusted for optimal use especially when I have to "no wake" it.  Today was the first time out fishing; it took me 3 days to break-in the motor due to weather so I've had it out 4 times this week.  A couple more things I have to remember to do vs the Lowe boat; turn off the Power Poles and turn off the main power switch but it'll become routine soon enough.

Glad you have it all broke in now and after you use it a spell you will get use to remembering to turn off the power to everything. It won't take but a couple of time of going to start the boat and having no power to help remind you .  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

WTodd

It came with a 3 bank charger so I'm hoping at some point before I unplug it I'll notice the power switch is on but everyone of us forgets things so the possibility is there. The Power Pole power switch is the one that worries me the most but it's something I HAVE to remember.

Lipripper

Quote from: WTodd on August 11, 2018, 02:07:02 PM
It came with a 3 bank charger so I'm hoping at some point before I unplug it I'll notice the power switch is on but everyone of us forgets things so the possibility is there. The Power Pole power switch is the one that worries me the most but it's something I HAVE to remember.

Your going to have to make a note to yourself and hang it on your rear view  mirror to remind yourself to check it.  ;D

big g

Quote from: Lipripper on August 11, 2018, 03:13:42 PM
Your going to have to make a note to yourself and hang it on your rear view  mirror to remind yourself to check it.  ;D

Good idea Lip, Print a sign right above where you plug it in.  I know I would need it! lo
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

WTodd

Repetition; more fishing will make me remember

Lipripper

You and me both George  lo lo

Quote from: WTodd on August 11, 2018, 05:33:34 PM
Repetition; more fishing will make me remember

Well then got just what you need  ;D

WTodd

Quote from: Lipripper on August 11, 2018, 05:47:06 PM
You and me both George  lo lo

Well then got just what you need  ;D

In 3 1/2 yrs that's me

Lipripper

Quote from: WTodd on August 11, 2018, 06:04:08 PM
In 3 1/2 yrs that's me

You going to retire in 3 1/2 yrs?

WTodd

Yep

Lipripper

Quote from: WTodd on August 11, 2018, 06:09:35 PM
Yep

Good fore you more time for  ~gf ~c~ ~c~

WTodd

Retiring early at 62; enough is enough

Captsteve

I recommend lots of fishing

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Lipripper

Quote from: WTodd on August 11, 2018, 07:01:35 PM
Retiring early at 62; enough is enough

Good for you. Do it why your still able to enjoy your retirement.

WTodd

That's exactly the reason

basss

Oh wow!

You can always chase them down with that thing if they're not biting.

Congrats!
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard

Jared LeBlue

One word of caution. Your vortex hubs have a plastic cap. That cap will crack in the threads. Trust me it's going to happen. Just keep an eye on your rims. If you see grease, your cap cracked. If grease is getting out, water is getting in. Simply remove the cap put some fresh grease in, there is a grease zirt in the front, until you see the grease coming out of the front bearing. Replace the cap with a new cap and you good to go. I love these hubs but that is the one design flaw that it has.
Ardent Prostaff