Godline Braid Review

Started by the_huber_show, August 14, 2018, 10:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_huber_show

FishingSir had a sale a few weeks back for 15% off and you received either a free t-shirt or pair of sunglasses with your order.  I had already been chomping at the bit to buy some Godline braid.  So I bought the following

The green is the Godline X8 30lb and the blue is the Godline S 50lb.

Let me share my experience with you then we can talk about the braid.  I placed the order on their website.  It gave me an order number but I didn't write it down because 99% of online orders send you an email confirmation.  Well I never received an email confirmation in my spam or regular email.  Order said it would arrive in 5-7 business days.  Day 5 I email them asking if they can help me with my order number to track the order.  Never heard anything back.  Day 7 I email them again and hit them up on facebook.  Facebook is where I finally got an answer a day after sending the message.  9 business days is when the package showed up from China and it said wedding material  lo

The glasses are cheap forsure!  What's funny is the case/contents for the glasses are very well made.

(Fair warning my only other braid experience is basic Spyder Wire)

I spooled up the 30lb on the new Lews Speed Spool SPL with 8lb Stren line for a backing.  I really like the color of the braid.  It spooled up well and seems to not pinch in bad and when I get a backlash it is a LOT easier to get out.  It doesn't seem to come apart either which I like!  Used a polamor knot all day and it worked great.

So far I really like the braid.  I am going to spool up the 50lb once my Super Duty 300 comes in and I will keep reporting back with how it does.

Personally I would order off amazon next time and not mess with their website!  I believe the company is located in England and ships out of china

Fishbrain: The_Huber_Show

Mike Cork

Thanks for a great report. Keep us posted as you get some more time with it.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

the_huber_show

Quote from: Mike Cork on August 14, 2018, 11:00:26 AM
Thanks for a great report. Keep us posted as you get some more time with it.

Yes sir! 

I can say I caught my PB on this line Friday and it performed beautifully  ~c~
Fishbrain: The_Huber_Show