Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trailer Tires. Are all Makes and Sizes the same?  (Read 411 times)

Deadeye

• Charter Member
  • You going Fishing again? Well Duh, I'm breathing.
Trailer Tires. Are all Makes and Sizes the same?
« on: August 17, 2018, 03:37:42 PM »

The answer is No.

Guy I bought my Ranger off of said he had just got new tires, Kumho 857ís. 205/R14 C rated.

I looked into them and they had great ratings, so I bought another for the spare.

Then I heard about some blow out issues in a year or two. My one did, but in a weird way. All the bands broke and stuck out through the sides making it loose air.

I never noticed it until I came back from fishing and had a flat. If they had done it before this trip I hadnít seen it.

Flash forward. Can no longer get them, quit making them. They were a Korean Tire.

Looked and found Goodyear had started making tires in America again. The Endurance trailer tire is a D rated tired( better that the C) at 2040 lbs per tire. Also rated for85 mph.

I ordered two. Went to put them on today and noticed just how different the two tires were. Both same size.

Side by side. Goodyear in front.

Another view.

Old tire clearance

New Goodyear tire clearance.

The old tires just fit. The new ones look and fit much better.

Spreading the word.
Eternal Optimism. It's what drives me to fish. Next cast is THE cast that will provide the reason why I am here. Big Bass, Small Bass, No Bass-- Everyday and Every Time out learn something. What worked and what didn't and why. In the end go enough days and then, Today is the day that it will all come together and the Fish Gods will smile.

SteveTX

• Charter Member
  • The most underestimated bass fisherman on UB - zip
Re: Trailer Tires. Are all Makes and Sizes the same?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 06:36:32 PM »

Looked and found Goodyear had started making tires in America again.
That is great to hear. I know I know it doesnt mean they are great tires just because they are made in America but I like the sound of it and I like you would take my chances on them before a Korean tire.

The tires look like a much better fit.  ~c~
UltimateBass Free Bass Fishing Tourney (IBASS) is for everyone!
Just make an account at UltimateBass.com and follow these simple rules found here
IBASS CLASSIC 2018 3rd place / IBASS 2017 4th place 

Deadeye

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 04:41:13 AM »

Oh I forgot to add that the Kumho Tires ran about $150-160 each. The Goodyears I got for 2 for $155 shipped.
Eternal Optimism. It's what drives me to fish. Next cast is THE cast that will provide the reason why I am here. Big Bass, Small Bass, No Bass-- Everyday and Every Time out learn something. What worked and what didn't and why. In the end go enough days and then, Today is the day that it will all come together and the Fish Gods will smile.

Mike Cork

• Father Time
  • Admin
  • Get the Net it's a Hawg
    • Ultimate Bass
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 09:54:20 AM »

Looks great ~c~

Glad you found a good trailer tire. I'd have to go look at what tire my tire guys sells me but they are 65 each so they might be what you're using.

I know a good trailer tire doesn't have to be expensive.
Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Wizard

• Charter Member
  • Deep water angler on highland lakes
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 09:56:06 AM »

The sidewalls of the Kunho don't appear rigid enough to support trailer and boat weight. That may be why the tire was failing. JMO

Wizard

mygreenihc

• Charter Member
  • Roll Tide
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 08:20:15 AM »

The fact of the matter is that you can no longer buy a good trailer tire.  As far as I know,  right now,  the only trailer tire still made in the US is the new Goodyear.  in the past,  the Goodyear Marathon was the best ire made until the moved it to China,  then they became Maypop's just like all of the others. 

When the Kumho 857 came out,  it was the best that you could buy,  hence the price tag.  At first,  it was actually a very good tire until they started cost-out on them.

Let us know how you like the new Goodyears.

Brad

Deadeye

• Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 06:43:10 AM »

So Far So Good.

The trailer seems to pull along easier than it did before. So far, and I know it has not been that long, they are doing great.

I found the best price on a website called Simple Tire. Great Company to work with. Tires were shipped via Fedex and they separated the set and only delivered 1 of the 2. Called Simple Tire and they sent me out another Free of Charge. Wasn't their fault but they took care of it right away.

Oh and they actually gave me a discounted price over what was showing on their website when I placed the order.

If you need tires give them a look.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.253 seconds with 23 queries.