There are mountains out there in the smoke and ash

Started by Pacific NW Ron, August 21, 2018, 03:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific NW Ron

On a normal day we can see mountains from our patio, but not for several days now.  Smoke from regional fires is really think today.
There are mountains somewhere out there in the smoke. I just came in from mowing the yard and there is ash falling from the fires.
These pictures are from our back yard. Those trees in first picture and the foothills in the second picture are about 3/4 mile away.  I'd say visibility is less than a mile.  Air quality is rated at unhealthy.

Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Oldratt

That might become an annual thing.  I was on the Oregon coast last year and couldn't even see the sunset.
That was when the fire on the columbia river was going on.

Pacific NW Ron

Quote from: Oldratt on August 21, 2018, 03:49:39 PM
That might become an annual thing.  I was on the Oregon coast last year and couldn't even see the sunset.
That was when the fire on the columbia river was going on.

That's what we're concerned about.  It was almost this bad last year the first week of September.  Since I posted this it's got even thicker. 
I'm not sure I even want to get out in this and go fishing tomorrow.  They say it could be even worse.
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?