Suson Park/Bee Tree Park 8-27-18

Started by the_huber_show, August 28, 2018, 07:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_huber_show

Well I had the day off to take my girlfriend to a minor office visit. She wanted to go fishing after (I'm a lucky guy)

Got to Suson Park at 8:30am and it was already 85 degrees, sunny with a bit of wind.
Started with a spro frog and I realize how bad I suck/need to practice frogging lol.
We had 0 bites and there was hardly no movement either. There was an insane amount of moss this time. Every cast pulling it off. Was there till 11. Threw Texas rig with black/blue tail worm, football jig with craw, 6th sense swim jig, chatterbait with trailer and ned rig (first time trying).

By this time it was mid 90s and we wanted food. So we are some Mexican and had a pitcher of margs  ;D

Got to Bed Tree about 12:30 it was close to 97.

Here there was some movement which I thought would be a better sign. Started with the swimjig but no bites so tried a chatterbait.

The misses wanted to throw my H2o hard swimbait. I threw it out to show her and a good size bass nailed it about a foot from the bank. But I didn't get a hook set on him.

After that I moved to a Texas rig again and after a couple hours we threw in the flag lol.

There you go Lip another skunk for me 🤣

Might as well change my name to Skunk King hahaha
Fishbrain: The_Huber_Show

Wizard

Ya need some help, son. You are a 5 mile drive from the Meramac River off old Gravois road in Fenton. 20 miles down I-55 to Joachim Creek. 30 minutes to the Big River down Hwy 30. 45 minutes to junction of Hwy 30 and 47 to wade fish the Mineral Fork River for smallmouth. An hours drive on I-44 to the Bourbous, upper Meramac, Courtois Creek for smallmouth float trips. Get the heck away from Bee Tree/Suson and catch bass. JMO

Wizard

Mike Cork

I don't know the area but I'm with Wizard, the creeks will be cooler and smallmouth are a blast. But if you gotta keep beating up the ponds. Early and late are the best. Sounds like you're doing everything correct, just a fickle set of fish in that pond.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

the_huber_show

Quote from: Wizard on August 28, 2018, 08:20:44 PM
Ya need some help, son. You are a 5 mile drive from the Meramac River off old Gravois road in Fenton. 20 miles down I-55 to Joachim Creek. 30 minutes to the Big River down Hwy 30. 45 minutes to junction of Hwy 30 and 47 to wade fish the Mineral Fork River for smallmouth. An hours drive on I-44 to the Bourbous, upper Meramac, Courtois Creek for smallmouth float trips. Get the heck away from Bee Tree/Suson and catch bass. JMO

Wizard

I have fished the Meramac a few times but I fish from the bank so I have been limited from my access points.  Joachim I actually like less then 2 mins away but again limited from my points.  I have fished the bank where boats put in at in Herky but I have given up on that spot as I have thrown EVERYTHING I can think of with 0 bites :(

We wanted something close yesterday so we went to both lakes.

Quote from: Mike Cork on August 29, 2018, 10:58:27 AM
I don't know the area but I'm with Wizard, the creeks will be cooler and smallmouth are a blast. But if you gotta keep beating up the ponds. Early and late are the best. Sounds like you're doing everything correct, just a fickle set of fish in that pond.

I agree.  Typically I don't want to mess with the woods/banks of the creeks but also the creeks/rivers are down a lot here.  Meramac/Joachim are down at least 8+ feet. 

One other thing I noticed this time compared to last for Suson.  Last time there was sunfish and lots of small fish all over the banks.  This time there was none and lots of moss.  Not sure why.

Lipripper

Thanks for the report and sorry the fish were y'all . Don't give up it will get better but in the mean time here ya go  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

the_huber_show

Lipripper

Quote from: the_huber_show on August 29, 2018, 11:20:19 AM
I will add this to my collection :)
I'm sure the next time I go out I will get one too.  lo lo

the_huber_show

cport

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Lipripper

Quote from: the_huber_show on August 29, 2018, 12:47:13 PM

lo skunk brothers  ~c~
I know it's bad when I can't even get a bite on my GY Senkos  :'( I'm going to have to go back to my 4' Ugly Stick and night crawlers  lo lo