Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spincast reel... Help  (Read 203 times)

Msn26753

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Spincast reel... Help
« on: August 29, 2018, 05:39:19 PM »

Dad has gotten into bass fishing with me and needs a new reel..  He can only use a spincast, and i dont know much about them..  Hes worm fishing, so i need a faster gear ratio..  Im on a budget of 75 bucks or less.. I got him a zabco 33 a while back that didnt last..  Them oke zebco dont seem to be made like that use to be..  Anyhow,  perferbly red color,  but quality and ease of use is what im looking for... Any recommendations from anyone that. Use the spincasts?

Lipripper

• LM Forum Staff
  • Chicago Illinois
Re: Spincast reel... Help
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 06:07:48 PM »

Dad has gotten into bass fishing with me and needs a new reel..  He can only use a spincast, and i dont know much about them..  Hes worm fishing, so i need a faster gear ratio..  Im on a budget of 75 bucks or less.. I got him a zabco 33 a while back that didnt last..  Them oke zebco dont seem to be made like that use to be..  Anyhow,  perferbly red color,  but quality and ease of use is what im looking for... Any recommendations from anyone that. Use the spincasts?
Your right them new zebcos can't hold a candle with them old ones. You might be able to find some good ones at BPS or check on Monster fishing tackle they use to have some good ones on there. I'm not sure what brand the one I use for worm fishing is I got it from BPS years ago as a combo and Bill Dance has his name on both the rod and reel.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

D.W. Verts

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 06:32:12 PM »

I bought one of those 33's that are stainless steel last year... Seems like a very solid reel. I think it was about $45 or so.
I'm just lookin' for clues at the scene of the crime...

topdsm0138

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 08:38:12 AM »

Ditto. There are different versions of the 33. The Classic seems to be made better than the others.
I bought one of those 33's that are stainless steel last year... Seems like a very solid reel. I think it was about $45 or so.

cport

• Charter Member
  • FlukeMaster who?
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 08:50:21 AM »

I would try the Omega 3 by Zebco. Here are the stats:

7 Stainless steel bearings
Continuous anti-reverse action
Quick-change spool system
Ultra-smooth worm gear drive
3X positive line pickup
Levelwind oscillating spool
Triple-cam multi-disc drag
Ceramic line guide and pickup pins
Diecast aluminum body and reel foot
Aircraft-grade aluminum covers
Sealed soft-touch rubber thumb button

Every review I've seen has been very positive. Tackle Tour did a review of the Omega 3 when it first came out in 2003 with 6 bearings and gave it a very high rating (7.98) with many positive comments. They were very surprised at how far it cast. See the review here:

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewzebcoomega.html

It is also in your price range. Amazon has the new Omega 3 for 47.00, and if you are a Prime member, free shipping. Here is the link:

https://www.amazon.com/Zebco-ZO3-10-BX3-Spincast/dp/B001H5530O/ref=pd_day0_hl_200_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B001H5530O&pd_rd_r=6c34e520-ac5a-11e8-a3d9-8f6065affc51&pd_rd_w=VxgaV&pd_rd_wg=rwy9t&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=6a8492ae-b1a9-47e4-8244-e55b8611820c&pf_rd_r=5FPCV75WF4HTY601B8AD&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=5FPCV75WF4HTY601B8AD

Hope this helps
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

the_huber_show

• Charter Member
  • The Skunk Master
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 09:42:13 AM »

You can get the Lew's mach 1, speed spool or the american hero all for well under $75.  They are all good reels
Fishbrain: The_Huber_Show

Pferox

• Life Member
  • Right on the Gulf Coast.
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 10:56:46 AM »

I bought a couple Omega 3s and put them on ugly sticks for my Mother In Law to use back when I lived in Florida.  She used them for years without a hitch, somebody inherited them after she passed away and I saw a picture of one of the great grand kids using that same rig on Facebook not long ago.

She was my fishing buddy back then and we fished fresh and salt water for a number of years before she got to the point she couldn't hang outside for any long period of time anymore.  She loved those Omega reels.

"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Msn26753

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 03:37:42 PM »

Greay info guys..  Yeah,  think im gonna have to look into omega series..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 23 queries.