Daiwa SV105HS....Type R build.

Started by LgMouthGambler, August 30, 2018, 07:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

A very popular and familiar reel for light applications, Daiwa brought the SV105 to the US market (based off the Alphas platform). I had picked up one a while back when TW put them on closeout for $150. I have been transforming this reel into what I would have liked to see as their Type R version. Here is the factory reel, and stay tuned for the final results as I am waiting on one more part to get to me.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

socal399

Defined by what you love to do not by what you have in life

cport

Matt, our resident reel mad scientist....

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

the_huber_show

Fishbrain: The_Huber_Show

LgMouthGambler

My last purchase has shipped. Been a year to find for the price I was looking for. Thank you eBay coupon. Lol. This is gonna top the cake off nicely.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

basss

Waited a year for a part ... now that's patience.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard

the_huber_show

Fishbrain: The_Huber_Show

LgMouthGambler

Last piece came in the mail today via Japan. Pics to come later...

LgMouthGambler

So here it is. My SV105HS Type R build. So what makes this soo special to me? I managed to build it for just at what this SV105HS MSRP'd for. At $260 I bought the reel, and all the parts that I have added to it to make it what it is now.

I took the SV105 and added ZR spool bearings, PX68 carbon fiber handle, RCS cork knobs, Pixy PX-R drag star, red cast control cap, red line guide screw, and a RCS SV105 spool.

The final result? A bit of upgraded performance and looks.

<")))>{

cport

Thats one purdy Frankenreel, you mad scientist you
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣