Gheenoe mods

Started by basss, August 30, 2018, 08:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

basss

Getting more and more done on the gheenoe.  It will be a full fledged fishing rig when it is done.

When I bought it, it had a troller, main motor and that's it.  I attached a pic of it when I got it home months ago.

I've since added power to the boat.  In one of the compartments I put a battery and a switch panel (pic attached).  Tied to the panel are the electronics I've installed; nav lights, bilge, interior lights, and trolling motor.

I also put a front cap on it with a trolling motor plug, a quick release for the trolling motor, and a cleat.

For stability while riding, I've installed a grab bar and a tiller extension for when I ride it standing up.

Yesterday, I put the transducer on and I'm waiting for the ram mounts to come in (tomorrow) so I can mount it to the grab bar.  Once that is done, it will have everything the "bigger" boat has to be able fish anywhere.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard

Lipripper

You have been busy  ~sweat You will have a nice fishing platform when your done. 8)

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

basss

Not too busy Mr. Lip ... its been months for those projects to get done.  I'll do an hour or two here or there on it.  Excited to get it all "done" though, that's for sure.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider

the_huber_show

Nice!  Making it work for you is what it's all about
Fishbrain: The_Huber_Show

Lipripper

Quote from: basss on August 30, 2018, 09:16:03 AM
Not too busy Mr. Lip ... its been months for those projects to get done.  I'll do an hour or two here or there on it.  Excited to get it all "done" though, that's for sure.
Rome wasn't built in a day.  ;D Just do what you can when you can and it will get done.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Capt. BassinLou

That's a nice versatile little boat you got there. Looking forward to seeing how it will look once your done working on it.

basss

Excited to show you guys when its done.

Just waiting on those ram mounts and I'll have all the things I wanted on it, just have to clean everything up and get it put out of the way ...

Got it to do pond jumping, not gonna pretty it up any ... actually leaving it looking rough on purpose.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider

basss

Quote from: Lipripper on August 30, 2018, 11:40:35 AM
Rome wasn't built in a day.  ;D Just do what you can when you can and it will get done.

Yessir ... bout a year into it.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider

basss

Think its done, for now at least.  It has everything I envisioned it having when I first got it, namely power and the accessories that go with it.  Before that it was a day fishing rig.

The fish finder was the last piece I needed to be able to use it anywhere.  The mount I was waiting for came in so I put it on. I also cleaned everything up and tucked it all away.

Excited to take it out.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider

Capt. BassinLou

Looks good. You can get into some really skinny water with that boat. Enjoy!!

basss

Yessir.  Skinny water is part of the reason I got it.  Portability is another.  Does both well.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: basss on September 03, 2018, 01:33:21 PM
Yessir.  Skinny water is part of the reason I got it.  Portability is another.  Does both well.

You can't beat that combination.  ~beer~