Sept Fall Bassing and A Little BS'n

Started by Donald Garner, September 01, 2018, 12:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldfart9999

Afternoon all!!!, 83 headed to mid 80s, muggy, sunny. The smoker will be working, doing a batch of ribs. ;D :) Fresh corn on the cob, slaw, desert, burping!!! ;D :) lo The wrist is doing well, I'm still doing the exercises, the back is doing well, I wore the brace while I was out and will continue to for a bit longer.
Lip, you folks are doing the right thing setting up the funeral now before it becomes done while grieving. I have to tell you, it really feels good to be back on the water!!!
SHC, Sounds like your "vacation" will be shortened soon, when are you going fishing again?
Donald, after a 13.5 hour work day you deserve a day of rest!!! Not sure when I'll be fishing again, we have rain forecast for tomorrow and possibly Tuesday, for sure tomorrow I'm calling Lowrance, I want to use the HOOK this year. Yes, those fish were thick, most of them from the Bay are, there's a lot of forage, actually they were just a bit flat on the belly but still chunks.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Lipripper

Afternoon everyone and SHC sounds like two good job prospects and only working 40 hours a week with some overtime if wanted sounds better than working 60 hours per week and be careful if you go with the job.  ;D Donald I know you were tired after working 13.5 hours makes for a long day. ~sweat Sounds like your new worker is going to fit right in and hit the floor running since he know the job already. Rodney them ribs and fresh corn on the cob sound good. Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers as the wait goes on. As per Vera's wishes there won't be ant funeral services. She didn't want any so we have to respect what she wants. She wants to be cremated and her ashes put in a biodegradable container that has flower seeds in it and planted . Hope everyone has a nice day and be safe out there.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SteelHorseCowboy

Morning y'all!
Rodney, I went out fishing twice yesterday, benefit of being surrounded by more water than one could shake an Ugly Stik at!
Was trying for some cats both times, no luck on either outing. Was at the Bayou for about 3 hours mid day, and from 2100-0100 at the river last night. Not even a nibble!

Lip, Vera's picked a wonderful burial! Every time a family member or loved one sees those or similar flowers, hopefully it'll bring back fond memories.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

SteelHorseCowboy

Got out for a bit right as the sun was setting, and Nutech saved my bacon again!
I threw everything! Almost. Got sick of no bites at all, so pulled out my jig box.

I tried several, different skirts, heads and trailers, trailerless... then broke out the Elite Blade I won in one of the giveaways with a pink fluke for a trailer. I've had hits on it before, but I'm not used to using a chatterbait style lure so no hookups.
Guess what? Threw the damn thing over the power lines... right next to the last chatterbait with pink fluke trailer I lost up there.
But, I was able to let it drop down, walk up the hill and slide the lure towards me. So I managed to keep it!
Then a few casts later, this little feller hooked up!

SteelHorseCowboy

Kirby is on the prowl. He hasn't eaten any shiners in over a week. Maybe almost two weeks, not sure. But, right before he started fasting, he destroyed a population of 28 shiners in a matter of days.
We have 6 left. I think it took the catfish about 4 days to eat 22 shiners. No idea where he put 'em all. We also now have some decorations in the aquarium. Kirby's been hanging out in his hole this whole time (he's dug out a little depression in the gravel), but now he's out and about, stalking through the artificial plants and around this "thing" that looks like a man's face in a ball of tree roots or something. He's going to ambush them. Actually, I can only see 5 right now, but with the decorations one could easily be hiding.
If they were smart, they'd all hide. Kirby's gotta be hungry, and when he gets hungry he's a killing machine.

Oldfart9999

HAPPY HAPPY MONDAY!!! Chop Chop, off to work, there's SS and MEDICARE to be payed!!! lo lo 63 headed to 81 humid, rain or showers or nothing this evening, cooling into more normal temps the rest of the week, hope to be on the water tomorrow.
Lip, you're doing the right thing honoring Vera's wishes. Are you going to try to wet a line? I know when my sister was in hospice I was making the trip to Syracuse 3 or 4 times a week for a month or so, fishing helped to give me time to ponder my memories, many of which made me smile, just a quiet place to be.
SHC, about the only place I haven't tangled a line is power lines, none cross the waters I fish and the bridges are too high. lo lo Congrats on the catch!!!
Donald, meet the new guy today eh! Should make life a bit easier on everybody!Are you still getting the rain you need?
Have a great day!!!
Rodney

BrandonK

Florence caused a big shad kill at the best bass lake in the area. Headed there shortly to check conditions and drop kayak in if the lightning moves away from the area. Curious to see what all this wind and rain has done to water temps and thermocline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteelHorseCowboy

Lol, Rodney, some of the spots I fish are literally "PULL OVER!" on the side of the road. As you know, that's where most power lines are!

Lipripper

Just wanted to let everyone know that Vera passed away around 6:30 AM this morning. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers during our time of need. Now we can grev and move on. Her spirit is free now and we have lots of fun memories of her to get us through the coming days. Thanks again and I will stop back by as soon as I can.

SteelHorseCowboy

Sorry for your loss brother

Donald Garner

Brother we're sorry for the lost.  She's a free person now and pain free.  We still have you all in our prayers.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Lipripper

Thanks SHC and Donald and I we already had a fish fry planed for today for our Daughter and husband who are leaving to go back home to Portland in the morning and the 60 Crappie fillets were done thawed out and  Vera loved my fish and would have wanted us to do it so I just got done and came inside to cool off and ge toff my feet.

Donald Garner

Good evening to everyone,

Clear skies with the forecasted temps 73 / 96dgrs with 46% humidity here across Central Texas  ~sun

The new team member showed up today ready for work.  I got him introduced to everyone and took him on a tour of his area.  I'll give him a week to get his feet on the ground.  He seems motivated and is very polite.  It was yes sir and no sir during our conversations.  He's a young guy I forgot his birthday right off my head.  His aunt lives right behind us also.

Lip; Thanks for the update.  We keep the family in our daily prayers.  Hope the daughter and SIL have a pleasant flight back to Portland.  You and your wife need to get some rest now.   :-*  You two ought to get out of the house and town for a few days to recuperate  ~shade

SHC; Congrats on the catch there and tks for sharing that picture with us also.

Brandon; Do you know what caused the massive shad kill?  Tight lines on the trip I hope you're able to stick a good one.

Rodney; Life is good at work.  All the team members are happy as I am also.  The new team member is a young man and he's single.  That's a real plus for me.  I don't have to worry about those family issues.  How's the wrist recuperation coming along?  We're still getting rain but none of it has really helped with the lake level yet.  Most of all the rain we've gotten has been those slow steady ground soaking rains etc. 

To everyone have a pleasant and relaxing evening.  Hope tomorrow brings you a better day than today.
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Lipripper

Thanks Donald and we just might have to do that just as soon as Rebecca our daughter who came down from Michigan over a month ago and took over the care of Vera goes back home. She has been a huge blessing to Diana and the Hospice care folks with all her record keeping and charts. A regular Florence Nightingale.

Oldfart9999

Good morning everybody!!! 64 headed to 80, maybe, 100% humidity, it's been very muggy most of the summer and it doesn't look like it's going away anytime soon. We have rain forecasted for tomorrow and Thursday but I'm not holding my breath waiting for. Plan on mowing the hay lot this morning then I'm not going anywhere til I finish a Doctors appointment I have this afternoon, my ears have been draining all summer and now it's turning green, allergies have been off the chart but this green stuff just don't cut it.
Lip, Vera is at peace, now all of you can take a deep breath grieve and her passing. I agree with Donald, it would be good for you and Diana to take a few days away and just chill. Peace brother!!!
SHC, how many folks have been run over stopping and fishing? lo lo ;) There's times I wish we could do that here but there just aren't many places to try it.
Donald, sounds like your crew will be up to anything that comes their way!!! ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ Eventually you should get some rains that will fill those lakes. I called Lowrance yesterday, the RAM mounts are still on backorder so I cancelled the order, I'll try BPS to see if they have them. Somebody there isn't doing there job, they should not be out of product that long.
Brandon, do you know what caused the shad die off?
Have a great day!!!
Rodney

SteelHorseCowboy

Rodney, this is Louisiana! They drive as fast as Texans with less than half the skill!
I swerve, kick up dust, and hope for the best!

Lipripper

Morning everyone and it's 76* with a cold front coming down from Wis and the weather map shows some scattered ~rain showers coming through with it then by the weekend the high is only suppose to be 65* Thanks again everyone for all your kind thoughts and prayers in our time of sorrow. Rodney you need any help cutting down all that hay lot let me know and I will be right there. SHC you decide yet which job you might go with? Hope everyone has a great day and be safe out there.

BrandonK

Hurricane Florence

The path shifted further and further south, putting me potentially less and less in danger. When it was all said and done, I got maybe 5" of rain and some decent gusts, but very near east and south of me fared much worse.

As a commercial automotive insurance adjuster, I knew I'd be busy soon. Well, today I got the call I was waiting for. I'll be heading to the coast and helping dealerships in Morehead City and New Bern. I'll be assisted by a couple other guys from out of town. Not surprisingly, the closest hotel with electricity and vacancy is in Raleigh, which is 3 hour drive each way everyday. I live 2.5 hours away, so I'm not even getting a hotel.

Anyway, I'll be taking plenty of pics and will share them here if interested.

Lipripper

Quote from: BrandonK on September 18, 2018, 06:01:22 PM
Hurricane Florence

The path shifted further and further south, putting me potentially less and less in danger. When it was all said and done, I got maybe 5" of rain and some decent gusts, but very near east and south of me fared much worse.

As a commercial automotive insurance adjuster, I knew I'd be busy soon. Well, today I got the call I was waiting for. I'll be heading to the coast and helping dealerships in Morehead City and New Bern. I'll be assisted by a couple other guys from out of town. Not surprisingly, the closest hotel with electricity and vacancy is in Raleigh, which is 3 hour drive each way everyday. I live 2.5 hours away, so I'm not even getting a hotel.

Anyway, I'll be taking plenty of pics and will share them here if interested.
Your going ot be busy for a spell.  ~sweat

Donald Garner

Good evening to everyone,

Mostly clear skies today with the forecasted temps of 72 / 92dgrs with 46% humidity  ~sun ~sweat  Kinda quiet day at school today.  Tomorrow is mandatory training I hate this day ~rant  I wish they would reschedule it for the week before school starts  ~shade  The Night shifts has training from 8am - 11:30am.  They get to go home after training and come back in at 2:30pm for work.  The day shift goes to training at 1pm - 4:30pm.    I get to go home after training but the other (2) have to go back to work and finish out their shift.   :-* I've suggested we do this prior to school starting we'd only be at training for 4hrs.  It fell on deaf ears ~xyz

Brandon; Be safe in your traveling to and from.  Sounds like you're going to be pretty busy.

Lip;  Hope you and the wife can get out of the house and town for a little bit to get the mind refreshed etc.  Its going to take a while for the grieving process.  We have you and the family in our daily prayers.
That's is quiet the lawn mower there buddy.  I'd work up a good sweat and burn a bunch of calories if I used it at our place  ~sweat ~sweat ~sweat ~shade

SHC; Well did you make it out to wet that line today?

Rodney; Wow that is unbelievable that they still haven't gotten you that Ram Mount.  Hey if you have trouble getting one.  Send me what you want > Style and which electronics you're going to mount on it.  I'll head down to the BPS in Round Rock and pick one up for ya. 
I was talking with Coach Langley today about Belton Lake.  He fishes the weekend Sunday tournaments out there.  The lake is really down quiet a bit according to the weekly fishing reports it's 5.27ft below Summer Pool.  They (powers to be) keep pumping that water down to the communities surrounding Austin and it neighbors.

To everyone have a relaxing and pleasant evening. 

SteelHorseCowboy

Brandon, New Bern is still on my list of favorite places. Every time I'm in the area (been about ten years now), I stop in at Tryon Palace and just walk around the gardens.

Lip, of course I've applied for both! Don't know which may call me back, but I expect to hear from the water job first. And if I actually land one of them, I expect it to be that one.

I did go out to try and fish this morning, but my bayou was covered in brown scum! This is the spot I've caught the last few fish. Covered in a mix of pollen and oil.

DBrooke

Morning all, been tied up the past few days with safety training... nothing like listening to lectures and doing computer tests for 8 hours of your day.....
2 1/2 days till Kayak Bass League state classic. Top 20 going to compete for the "crown", guess that means I'm guaranteed a top 20 finish!
This section under construction.

BrandonK

Snagged an AirBnB in Morehead City. Phew. Didn't want to drive 6 hours a day besides working all day. We'll see how the damage looks later this afternoon

Oldfart9999

HAPPY HAPPY HUMP DAY!!! 64 when I got up and headed to the gym, almost 70 now, cloudy, NE wind at about 15, it was interesting trying to control what with all the gusts, got 1 in the boat on a tube jig and missed several.
SHC, so you drive worse than Texans and way to fast eh! :shocking: ~shade lo lo ;) Hope you get the job you want!!!
Lip, you need to go fishing, it'll help clear the mind!! I'll mow tomorrow, maybe.
Brandon, good luck with the investigation, I'm sure you'll tick off someone and you'll have to slap them down.
Donald, thanks for the offer, I'm going to order it from BPS tonight, should be able to have it in a week or so and I get the unit up and running, there's still a lot of fishing left along with perch time.
Rodney

SteelHorseCowboy

Oh no Rodney, I ain't from here! I'm a backwoods Mississippi boy, we like to take it slow and enjoy the ride. That's also what makes us better lovers!
Well, these days I do drive fast, but that's just to keep from getting run over. I do actually wish they were a bit more proactive with enforcing reckless and aggressive driving laws around here. Instead it's just speed, and they're pretty lenient on that.

I got out yesterday and mowed my lawn. Today I'm gonna try to get one of these doors replaced. May clean the smoker too.