This Evening

Started by D.W. Verts, September 05, 2018, 10:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.W. Verts

Rain was in the forecast, work was caught up, so, well- you know.

This was the only good 'un. Caught it (and the rest of them) on a frog around the pads, using my Dobyns 735 with 65# braid. I lost a four-something right before this one, but the rest of them stayed stuck. I never got a bite on a buzzbait, crankbait, or a worm. And I threw the buzzbait a LOT.

It was really tough fishin'. While it rained, which was most of the time, I just could not get bit. I finished with four keepers and one dink for four and-a-half hours.

I was thinkin', like I do- I wonder when it's raining, how loud is that to fish in the lily pads? It's sho-nuff loud to ME. I think that maybe it messes 'em up some. I've had some pretty good days fishin' pads in the rain, but not very HARD rain, if you get my drift.

Anyway, there ya go.
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Donald Garner

Congrats on the catching  ~c~  Tks for sharing the picture with us also.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Mike Cork

That's a swamp donkey there :toot: Congrats on a great fish.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Bud Kennedy

Naw, that is not a swamp donkey.....It is just another one of those pet fish that DW has in that local pond. 

~roflmao ~roflmao

cport

Absorbing big fish juju over the internet.....now!

I need one of those kickers, DW. Nice work.
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

the_huber_show

Fishbrain: The_Huber_Show

D.W. Verts

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on September 06, 2018, 09:44:55 AM
Naw, that is not a swamp donkey.....It is just another one of those pet fish that DW has in that local pond. 

~roflmao ~roflmao

Bass boat= public water.

It was sad. Apparently I followed a bunch of other guys yesterday. Frog tracks thru the slop were EVERYWHERE. They were all leavin' or had left when I got there. "They just ain't bitin'" is all I heard. What a shame.

So I just fished where nobody else had. Go figure.
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!

Stren_g

D.W. Verts

Quote from: Stren_g on September 06, 2018, 01:12:52 PM
What a chunk Dale!

It was a pretty, ugly kind of fish. It would have weighed heavy if it had a belly. Like me. Maybe next time.

Lipripper

That is a nice looking fish Dale  ~c~ ~c~ So there wasn't any fish in that slop huh... lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SteveTX

Captsteve

way to go

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Bassinkorea

Nice catch Dale. Looks like it has an old scar near it's hind end.
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Deadeye

SteveTX

Quote from: Bassinkorea on September 07, 2018, 12:08:48 AM
Nice catch Dale. Looks like it has an old scar near it's hind end.
Na that just where D.W.s dad whooped his tail for getting into shit when he was a kid...
Ohh you mean the fish, my bad  ~roflmao ;)

Bassinkorea

Quote from: SteveTX on September 07, 2018, 03:06:45 PM
Na that just where D.W.s dad whooped his tail for getting into shit when he was a kid...
Ohh you mean the fish, my bad  ~roflmao ;)

~roflmao ~roflmao ~roflmao
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Smallie_Stalker

:shocking:

another awesome catch from the lunker master!  ~c~
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

DocIrv

That is a fat fish fella.  ~gf
UB members get a 20% discount. Use the coupon code UB20 during check out. If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
*But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I ret

Oldfart9999

Nice fish Dale!!! ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ I wish you'd turn down the happy look!! lo ;) ;) ::)
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

D.W. Verts

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on September 09, 2018, 10:14:48 AM
Nice fish Dale!!! ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ I wish you'd turn down the happy look!! lo ;) ;) ::)
Rodney

Rodney. Buddy. I'm grinnin' from ear to ear! Look at the laughter in my eyes. Seriously!