River Systems will Take a Beating

Started by Bud Kennedy, September 10, 2018, 08:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

It looks like the upcoming hurricane will be messing up our river systems for quite a while.  For the past three years the Waccamaw has had periods of flood stage and I am sure that when the storm hits it will head that way again.  I would think that the river systems in NC will be even worse if the forecast predictions come true.  For our area I would suspect the the fall season will once again be lost.

Mike Cork

Yeah, unfortunately, it's not looking good for the rivers in your area. After Katrina, it took several years for the Louisiana coastal rivers to get back to normal.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

Bud it sure looks like your river system is going to take another flood stage beating from this storm and all the rain that goes with it. You might have to start looking for some other fishing spots that are a little further away for your area. 

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Bud Kennedy

Will have to go hang out at Santee for a while.  Don't like to tow 100 miles to get there but more than likely that is what will have to happen. 

Mike Cork

The good thing is that if you can steer clear of hurricanes for a while the fishery will improve because of the reboot.

There are much worse choices than Santee  ~shade

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

Quote from: Mike Cork on September 10, 2018, 01:13:39 PM
The good thing is that if you can steer clear of hurricanes for a while the fishery will improve because of the reboot.

There are much worse choices than Santee  ~shade
And you could make a couple days trip out of it and not have to do it all in one day. :-*

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Rangerman

Hell boys think I would want to get a little farther In Land than Santee ::) the high ground down there are the stumps in the lake. ;)