Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2018 SJHT Bass Classic at Lums Pond & Mercer Lake Results 09-15-18 & 9-16-18  (Read 469 times)

BigNasty06

• Charter Member
  • Hummer Happenings 2006- Paragon AP!!!
    • South Jerse Hook This Bass Club

Day 1
Place: Lums Pond, Bear, DE
Time: 6:30am-2:30pm
Date: Saturday, September 15, 2018
Weather: Decent 68 Degrees start to our morning warming up to 81 Degrees
Water Temps: 71 degrees  at start.  Rising up to 73.5 throughout the day.
 Water Clarity:  Less than 2.0' visibility
 Water current and Level: Normal pool level
 Best Lure: Finesse worms, Jigs, crankbaits, & Shakey Heads
 Depths fished: 2.0'~ 8.5'
 Bass Limit: 3

----------------------------------------------

What can I say?  What an incredible way to end SJHT 2018 Bass Fishing Season.

My hat goes off to all of the members that came out week in and week out to compete, bust some stones, win a couple of $$$, and just enjoy being out on the water amongst one another.   A Big congrats to 4 Time Anger of Year winner Mr. Jackson Fu.  He once again put on a show even when the bite was tough.

Congrats to SJHT 2018 Rookie Angler of the Year
  Bryson Smith.

I would be remissed if I didn't congratulate the Top 6 Anglers on outstanding finish.  The numbers don't lie.  Between the number of Bass caught, Lunkers, and Total Weight, I believe one can say work was put in on and off the water.

https://youtu.be/jDXcplHOT2A

Alright....let's get to this weekends 2018 SJHT 2 Day Bass Classic.  Today, 13 out of the 17 Qualifiers descended upon Lums Pond located in Bear, DE where it's a winner Take all event and the coveted 2018 SJHT Custom Bass Classic Championship Belt.

There were a total of 20 Bass caught giving way to a total of 38.35lbs. 10 out of 13 anglers caught at least 1 Bass. We had 4 limits caught. Day 1 Lunker went 3.80lbs and was won by Brian *Whoah Daddy* M. The overall avg. weight went 1.92lbs. There were 20 Largemouth Bass weighed in.

2018 3rd Place regular season angler Brian *I was feeling good* M. led Day 1 with 3 Bass weighing a total of 6.46lbs. He was followed by the 2018 Top 6th Finisher Bill *The Hammer* L. with 3 Bass going 6.39lbs. In 3rd place was Matt *Gotta Keep Catching Em* R. with 2 Bass going 5.11lbs.

Brian's 3 Bass going 6.46lbs-Day 1 Leader:

Bill's 3 Bass going 6.39lbs:

Matt's 2 Bass going 5.11lbs:

Rob's 3 Bass going 4.21lbs:

I got my eye on you.....lol

Jiggen Den's 3 Bass going 4.03lbs:

Big Al's Lone Keeper going 2.78lbs:

Trappers Lone Keeper going 2.48lbs.:

BN06 Lone Keeper going 1.15lbs:

Early Morning view from the vessel.

Moe trying to get that elusive Bass:

Kayakers fishing a point:

Carlos performing his Sea Tow Role as Al. limps back into the ramp as Steering\Tilt\Trim  lever is broken and his Trolling was wired in backwards.

So with  less than a .07lb difference between 1st and 2nd place, most anglers that didn't do well at LUMS Pond felt pretty good heading into Day 2 of the Mercer Lake event.  With anglers doing well there last time out at Mercer, they knew there were some 5lbers and  6lbers lurking in the deep stuff.
--------------------------------------------------------

Day 2: Sunday, Sept. 16, 2018

Finale Day 2

Place: Mercer Lake Park, Hamilton,  NJ
 Time: 6:30am-2:30pm
 Weather: Extremely foggy morning start. Air temps at 61 Degrees with a slight comfortable breeze. Temps warming up to 82 degrees. Blue bird skies once fog burned away. Not a bad day on the water
 Winds: 5-10mph most of the day.
 Water temps: 72~75 Degrees throughout greater portion of the eastern and western sections of the lake.
 Water Clarity: Down to maybe 1.5''
 Best Lure: Shakey Heads, Finesse senko's, crankbaits, & Beavers
 Depths fished: 2.5'~ 9.5'
 Bass Limit: 3

The fog was locked in and didn't want to leave.

and then came the Blue Bird Skies......

View back at Boat Ramp with Clear skies:

Food Time:

The 2018 Belt being revealed:

and now the Weigh-ins:

Brian's 3 Bass weighing 10.61 on Day 2:

Lunker going 5.15lbs:

Matt's 3 Bass going 6.37lbs:

Trappers Solo Keeper going 1.22lbs:

Bill's L. Solo Bass going 1.25lbs:

Anxious onlookers during the weigh-in:

A Little guy....thinking he's ready for Prime Time.  Mercer Lake.

https://youtu.be/jKYI-mvnKUs

and New 2018 SJHT Bass Classic Champion:

The 2018 End of Season Snap shot:

My Miscelleneous Hopeful:

2018 Awards and Plaques:

2018 Comparative Analysis Top 3 Finishes:

2018 Season Weight Differential:

Summary:  Can't think of a finer group of men and anglers to spend and do our weekend warrior thing on the water with.  Let's get ready for this years 2018 SJBCA Bass Bowl to be held on the Delaware River Sunday, October 14, 2018.

Congrats once again to Mr. Brian *SubFish* McCulley on sealing the deal on Day 2 of this years Classic.

Congrats again to our "2018 SJHT Angler of Year for the 4 Time"  Mr. Jackson Fu.

Thanks again to all,
BN06

Lipripper

• LM Forum Staff
  • Chicago Illinois

Once again thanks for a great report and  ;PHO) BN06 and looks like a good way to end the regular season and congratulation to Mr. Brian *SubFish* McCulley for winning this years Classic. ~c~ ~c~ and to  Angler of Year for the 4 Time"  Mr. Jackson Fu.  ~c~ ~c~ I will be looking forward to your report from the  2018 SJBCA Bass Bowl to be held on the Delaware River Sunday, October 14, 2018.  ;D I noticed that you didn't bring any fish to the scale on day two was it because you just couldn't get any legal fish to bite the second day? Them some nice looking Awards and Plaques also.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

BigNasty06

• Charter Member

I noticed that you didn't bring any fish to the scale on day two was it because you just couldn't get any legal fish to bite the second day? Them some nice looking Awards and Plaques also.

LipRipper....on Day#2 the bites were few and far in between.  That includes Brian, Matts, and Bills bass that were caught.  Not till the last hour or so did Brian have a keeper.  Unlike Day#1, where anglers caught dink after dink below the 12" requirement, it was pretty tough getting a bite on Day#2 after the fog burned away.  Hence the making the video with that barely 6" Bass.  Lol. 

Anglers searched East and West on Mercer Lake and for those that did not pitch/Flip tight into coverage, it was a struggle.  Brian had nothing going into thrle 12pm noon time slot but he found cooler water and apparently they were playing hide N Seek with him.  Lol.

Once everybody saw that 5.15lber, we knew it was a wrap.  Rightfully so.

The Top 6 Anglers fish the SJBCA Bass bowl, i didnt finish high enough in the overall standings to be elegible to fish it, however as an Executive Board member an 1st  VP of the SJBCA, I'm quite sure ill be there in attendance to help out and make sure things run smoothly and my Club 6-Man Team has my unbiased support.   ~beer~

http://www.sjbca.org
Scroll..towards the bottom of page..

It's always a fun time because its basically bragging rights for the rest of the year along with a little purse to the overall winning team.

No points or any effect on our clubs season as we are officially done.

BN06
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 04:43:01 PM by BigNasty06 »

Mike Cork

• Father Time
  • Admin
  • Get the Net it's a Hawg
    • Ultimate Bass

Always love your detailed reports and information about your club. Thanks for sharing again.
Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

BigNasty06

• Charter Member

Always love your detailed reports and information about your club. Thanks for sharing again.

Good day Mike,
Thank you so much.  Boy..been at this a while have we? Lol.  Always a pleasure sharing and giving an outlet for those sick and shut in, relocated to other home states, and just for those "Where is Waldo" this week theme.  Lol

Hope the family is doing well along with Mother Goose Cork.  Can't believe our 2018 season is pretty much a wrap.  Between BassinLou and LippRipper and the entire Ultimatebass.com staff......thanks for providing an keeping this forum alive and active.

Times have changed.  The Market place has slowly changed. Here's to the good times!   ~beer~

BN06

Lipripper

• LM Forum Staff
  • Chicago Illinois

Good day Mike,
Thank you so much.  Boy..been at this a while have we? Lol.  Always a pleasure sharing and giving an outlet for those sick and shut in, relocated to other home states, and just for those "Where is Waldo" this week theme.  Lol

Hope the family is doing well along with Mother Goose Cork.  Can't believe our 2018 season is pretty much a wrap.  Between BassinLou and LippRipper and the entire Ultimatebass.com staff......thanks for providing an keeping this forum alive and active.

Times have changed.  The Market place has slowly changed. Here's to the good times!   ~beer~

BN06
Here he is   lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Bassinlou

• CM Community Diplomat
  • If you ain't froggin you ain't fishing ;)

~c~ BN... hit out of the park with that report bud. Thank you for sharing and taking us along the tournament with you. Your club is lucky to have you. What a way to end the season. I loved how those awards came out.  :-*
Looking forward to following your bass club's next season.  ~beer~

Our FLBR Classic is taking place the first wknd of October, you are more than welcome to stop by the FL forums and follow us along. We will be having about 3 days of Tapatalk coverage from the perspective of all the anglers participating.

BigNasty06

• Charter Member

Appreciate the invite BassinLou.  Ill definitely be jumping in and watching from afar.  That fishing shadow box is pretty neat.  Just hope the Fu Man gets well and healthy so i can present in person.  He was out on Day#2 and thus made the standings even more intriguing.

BN06

I see you LippR.  Lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 24 queries.