Great Service from Ranger Again

Started by Bud Kennedy, October 03, 2018, 01:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

I recently purchased some new windshields for my old boat from Ranger.  The price was very good and the new windshields looked just great.  Unfortunately it turns out the starboard windshield was broken in one corner.  It also turns out the mounting holes are not pre drilled and I just don't have a good way to drill these hole to have them align with the existing holes in the console.  No big deal, I just give the existing windshields a proper cleaning and they will do just fine. 

I called Ranger today to request an RGA number to return the two windshields and just like always there was no problem.  The provided the RGA and are sending me a prepaid shipping label so I can send the units back to them.  While this may not be a big deal for some, I just wanted to state that Ranger remains committed to their products and still do what is necessary to keep us as their customers.  Just the way I like it, no pain, no strain.

Lee Smith

Awesome!  Glad they didn't loose their customer service!!
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Captsteve

great. good to hear

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Lipripper

Sorry to hear you won't be able to give your girl a new set of glasses  :'( but glad Ranger is taking them back no questions asked.  ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Donald Garner

Bud tks for the update.  Now then are they going to replace the damaged one and Pre-drill the holes for the replacement windshields? 

Or you just going to be using the old ones instead?
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Bud Kennedy

Quote from: Donald Garner on October 03, 2018, 07:38:10 PM
Bud tks for the update.  Now then are they going to replace the damaged one and Pre-drill the holes for the replacement windshields? 

Or you just going to be using the old ones instead?

Nope, gonna use the same old ones.  Ranger does not drill the holes but they are giving full credit and paying for the return shipping. 

I could drill the holes but I would need to find someone with a good drill press and I would have to really be precise with my measurements since the hole required is 3/8" and there are 8 holes required.  If I wanted to have additional mounting holes in my consoles then it would not be a big deal but I don't want to drill into the consoles any more than I would have to.  So, I will stay with what I have for now.