Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When are you late?  (Read 203 times)

Eric-Maine

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
When are you late?
« on: October 07, 2018, 08:36:18 AM »

Check in time is 3:00. You arrive at 3:00:35. Off plane inside no wake buoy. Penalty is a pound a minute up to 15 minutes.
Saw this for the first time yesterday and hadn't really thought of it before. Had some one come in at 3:01:10 what is the penalty?
I have arrived late before but it was well beyond the 15 minute mark.....haven't worn a watch since lol

Bud Kennedy

• Life Member
  • PFD's and KILL SWITCHES SAVE LIVES
Re: When are you late?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 09:22:33 AM »

My take on this is you are late if you are late.  While i realize that many circumstances might exist the cold hard fact is that if you have a 3pm check in time then you gotta be checked in before 3pm.  It is the anglers responsibility to manage their time to ensure that they are within the rules.

Oldfart9999

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 11:11:55 AM »

When I fished ABA the only time it was allowable was if you ran Lake Ontario and pulled over by the Coast Guard, you had to prove it, the CG gave a copy of the inspection report.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

SteveTX

• Charter Member
  • IBASS 2017 4th place 374.50"
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 11:39:30 AM »

Check in time is 3:00. You arrive at 3:00:35. Off plane inside no wake buoy. Penalty is a pound a minute up to 15 minutes.
Saw this for the first time yesterday and hadn't really thought of it before. Had some one come in at 3:01:10 what is the penalty?
I have arrived late before but it was well beyond the 15 minute mark.....haven't worn a watch since lol
That would be one pound and 1/6th of a pound or 2.67 oz. I think. I'm no math genius but I think it would just be what ever the seconds divided out to be in ounces or what ever.
UltimateBass Free Bass Fishing Tourney (IBASS) is for everyone!
Just make an account at UltimateBass.com and follow these simple rules found here

SteelHorseCowboy

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 07:18:43 AM »

Uncle Sam's Misguided Children teaches us that 15 minutes prior is on time, on time is late.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Nutoy

• Largemouth
  • It aint over until the last cast
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 10:18:11 AM »

If check in is 3:00:00. At 3:00:01 you are 1 minute late. At 3:01:01 you are 2 minutes late, etc.
On our weigh ins, there is a guy standing at a pre-determined location that you must check in with your boat number. He confirms it with your name.
If you are late he tells you right then and there.
Official time is announced multiple times during the morning prep for take off. No excuses

Lee Smith

• CM Chief Community Diplomat
  • Gotta Love It!
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 11:25:34 AM »

Ya late, ya late, it's life, actions/happenings/circumstances.  Rules are rules, can't bend them, then before long they don't matter if you do.
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Eric-Maine

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 01:43:00 PM »

I brought it up because I really hadn't thought about it before. I agree late is late. I have fished a few tournaments where the official clock was on display with hours minutes and seconds but normally the official time announced at smaller events does not include seconds. How precise is time on a cell phone? GPS unit?
Back in the day when we all wore a Timex I recall synchronizing with the official Timex which was always a bit different than mine for whatever reason lol

SteelHorseCowboy

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 04:56:49 PM »

I brought it up because I really hadn't thought about it before. I agree late is late. I have fished a few tournaments where the official clock was on display with hours minutes and seconds but normally the official time announced at smaller events does not include seconds. How precise is time on a cell phone? GPS unit?
Back in the day when we all wore a Timex I recall synchronizing with the official Timex which was always a bit different than mine for whatever reason lol
Cell phones and GPS are usually synced periodically with NIST and USNO over the airwaves. NIST stands for "National Institue of Standards and Technology", USNO is the US Naval Observatory.

Those two institutions are instrumental in maintaining the Coordinated Universal Time, the "time of day" around the world in it's respective time zones.

They use the atomic clocks to keep these standards. It's what I set my watch to, and I check it every now and then (Casio G-Shock).

So, in short, your cell phone and GPS are accurate as hell. They're not spot on down to the millisecond, usually due to a lag between the sync and update, but unless the time keeper is set by NIST, your device is likely more accurate.

All that being said, obviously the tournament clock is the one you're going by, so pick up a cheap digital watch and sync it to whatever time keeping device is being used.
If you're concerned about accuracy between your Timex and the big digital clock at the weigh in, you shouldn't be; the vast majority of digital quartz devices are accurate to within +/- .02 minutes per month or better. My G-Shock showed no difference down to the second when compared to NIST and USNO after owning it for around six months.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

zippyduck

• Daiwa, LSCR, Dobyns, Nutech, Keitech, Yamamoto
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 07:58:51 PM »

When i'm not early.  I hate to be late for anything. I get back early all the time. If I didn't figure them out by then I don't deserve to win.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"

Eric-Maine

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 12:11:23 PM »

In this particular case we were all early and checked in and the last boat came in hot and came off plane 35 seconds past by my Lowrance. They thought they made it and after a 40 or so mile run in 3's (Champlain) they had beat the crap out of themselves. They handled the loss of a pound well......not happy about it. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 24 queries.