FORTREX

Started by oldjim, October 09, 2018, 06:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldjim

The cover on the steering cables and wire to head tore and I just replaced it. Only about $10, but a bit of work to install.
oldjim

Donald Garner

Glad to hear the repairs have been made.  I had to replace mine a couple years ago after the wind slammed me into a bluff.  You would think they'd be more durable than they are.  And yep it was a bit of work to install.  I want to say my total parts bill was like $25.00 dollars.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Princeton_Man

Haven't worked on a Fortrex. I had to replace the top gear, indicator and upper/lower housing on my Edge last year. I ordered a few more parts than I really needed and the total cost was only around $25.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Bud Kennedy

Hey guys, I have heard of this quite a number of times.  Just what in the heck is going on with MK to have a repeating problem like this.

Donald Garner

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on October 09, 2018, 07:28:03 PM
Hey guys, I have heard of this quite a number of times.  Just what in the heck is going on with MK to have a repeating problem like this.

My trolling motor damaged was cause by high winds and having the boat get slammed into a rock bluff.
I was trying to get my crankbait unhung from a submerged boulder.  Here's  (3) pictures of the damaged done.

The end results of > Strong winds a rock bluff and plastic trolling motor parts

It took me a couple hours to take everything apart and put it back together.  The next time I'm letting the tech's at the marine dealership deal with it.  It was a PIA working on this  ~shade
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Captsteve

I'm sorry for your troubles but I would really like to see better pics of your boat. I love the color.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Bassinkorea

I had to replace mine also a few weeks ago.  Quite a simple fix, would have been easier if the mosquitoes weren't attacking me at the time!!
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on October 09, 2018, 07:28:03 PM
It's not a Minn Kota problem Bud. In my case, I let a tournament partner have my front deck while I retied and he ran the bow of the boat under a dock cracking the housing. I believe Don mentioned that he was blown into a rock bluff. It's hard to blame a manufacturer for damage caused by that kind of abuse.

I'm just thrilled that Minn Kota prices their repair parts IMHO so reasonably.

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Donald Garner

Quote from: Princeton_Man on October 10, 2018, 06:58:46 AM
It's not a Minn Kota problem Bud. In my case, I let a tournament partner have my front deck while I retied and he ran the bow of the boat under a dock cracking the housing. I believe Don mentioned that he was blown into a rock bluff. It's hard to blame a manufacturer for damage caused by that kind of abuse.

I'm just thrilled that Minn Kota prices their repair parts IMHO so reasonably.

You and me both   ~shade

Oldfart9999

You'd have make everything out of titanium to withstand that kind of abuse.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on October 11, 2018, 01:35:15 PM
You'd have make everything out of titanium to withstand that kind of abuse.
Rodney
I think the TM is probably the single most abused piece of equipment on my rig.

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club