First time boat owner Nitro 750

Started by Burbarry, October 10, 2018, 12:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

OK thanks for the prop info.  The number helps a bit but fyi it should also be stamped on the end of the hub where the prop attaches to the shaft.  I don't think we need to know more about the prop unless someone knows the manufacturer of the prop.

I think you need to take a deep breath for a bit and get the motor raised to the correct height and find out how the boat performs then the next steps can be taken.  If you go one step at a time it will avoid a lot of confusion down the road.

Bud Kennedy

By the way your prop is a Quicksilver Laser II

it is 13.5 x 24

Probably a good selection for your 115 hp Merc

Burbarry

Yeah it is a laser 2 I should have posted that picture as well or mentioned that. But my first step was going to be raise motor up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron Fogelson

The smaller nitros come rigged with aluminum props, they flex so much more then SS it isn't even funny that's why you see the boat / motor rigged lower.  The tracker motor I believe is a force but in2005 they may have been shut/shutting done by then and rebadged a merc I just don't remember.

As far as moving the motor if you have an engine hoist or crane you can do it your self.  Good luck, great looking boat congratulations

Burbarry

So looking at this is it really as simple as using the hoist move up one notch? Will I need to unhook anything or should it be ok just lifting it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron Fogelson

4 bolts is it, lift and rebolt  ~bb

Make sure the lift is firmly attached and ready to go before unbolting  ~beer~

Bud Kennedy

Yep thats about it.  Be sure to be aware of the fuel line and steering cables. You don't want to put them in a bind but usually that is not a problem.  If you feel it may they are both easy to disconnect from the motor. 

Oldfart9999

Put either silicone sealer or 5200 adhesive around the bolts before you tighten them, you transom will thank you with many years of no rot.
Nice looking boat!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.