LOZ, 10-17

Started by D.W. Verts, October 17, 2018, 09:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.W. Verts

Fished just six hours today, but they're comin' on. And I think I found something pretty tough just as I was finishing up.

Air temps 44-68, skies mostly clear, wind North by Northwest, breezy at times. Water temps 69-71, water clarity was too damn clear, with a very little stain in the creeks. Water levels are still dropping, about 2-1/2 feet low.

Caught seven keepers in a really short two hour period in two separate creeks. 3 on spinnerbaits, 1 on a buzzbait, two on a squarebill and 1 on a Spook. Lots of shad, and all sizes. Flat banks near the channel, on and off wood, on and off docks. Typical fall. My biggest fish was maybe 3-1/2 pounds, but I saw bigger.

I found some deeper fish at the end of my short trip. If I can get away again soon (tough to do) I'll give them a shot, but this time of the year they are always on the move.
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

the_huber_show

Sounds like a decent day Dale!  I am working on my post from yesterdays outing
Fishbrain: The_Huber_Show

Mike Cork

Thanks for the report, sounds like the fall strategies are in full swing on LOZ

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

D.W. Verts

I didn't go back today- just not enough time. So I went pond fishin' in my jon boat to sooth my feelings.

What I found tho'- well, we'll see Monday or Tuesday hopefully.
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Wizard

I'll tack on to you, Dale. I fished with a friend in his Ranger for 2.5 hours in the afternoon. We fished the major points just up channel of the Grand Glaize bridge, Water temp was 74 degrees.
Forage schools were at 15-35 ft. I used a jigging spoon and Markus a large, heavy swim spoon that he cast and jerked through the schools. I caught more bass (5, 15 inch clones) and he caught the larger bass (2, 4-5 pounders). Overall, not bad for 2.5 hours. Markus had caught a limit the day before in 2-3 ft, with a square bill in LOZ Shad color.

Wizard