Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What Spinning Reel?  (Read 633 times)

Bankbeater56

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
What Spinning Reel?
« on: October 12, 2018, 08:34:53 AM »

I'm looking to buy a Spinning Reel in the coming days ,weeks,and not sure what to look at.A couple I have been looking at are the Daiwa Bg and the Pflueger President. For around 60 dollars more would I be getting that much better of a reel than the President? And is there something else I should be looking at? I'm trying to stay under 100 dollars.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pferox

• Life Member
  • Right on the Gulf Coast.
Re: What Spinning Reel?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 09:07:26 AM »

Both are good reels, I would probably gravitate towards the Daiwa reel myself, because I fish salty and brackish waters, and have had Daiwa spinning gear before with great results.

Penn just came out with the Pursuit III which has carbon drag, that is a nice plus in this price point.

In general, many manufacturers make very nice entry level reels in the 60 to 80 dollar range and just about any one of them would be a good investment.

Going down in price than that usually has a big deterrent in longevity from what I have found.

Going up in price, of course gives you improvements in both reliability, comfort, and various other points, but for the most part there isn't anything I can't live without, if you know what I mean.

"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

SFL BassHunter

• Charter Member
  • SFL BassHunter
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 11:24:49 AM »

I'm looking to buy a Spinning Reel in the coming days ,weeks,and not sure what to look at.A couple I have been looking at are the Daiwa Bg and the Pflueger President. For around 60 dollars more would I be getting that much better of a reel than the President? And is there something else I should be looking at? I'm trying to stay under 100 dollars.
Thanks

Personally I think you'd be hard pressed to find something better than a President unless you jump to something like a Shimano Stradic and that is upwards of 200. By that I mean seeing a significant difference.
If I was going to make a purchase under 100, I'd be going with a President.

This is just my opinion though, I'm sure you'll get a bunch of other opinions too.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

FlatsNBay

• Ultimate Basser
  • Go Noles!
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 03:31:52 PM »

I have a buddy that is a saltwater inshore guide and the President is all that he uses. He said that his only complaint is the handle from a comfort stand point. I have the next one up, the Supreme and love it. It is super light and holds up well in both fresh and salt.

Bankbeater56

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 04:25:39 PM »

I have a buddy that is a saltwater inshore guide and the President is all that he uses. He said that his only complaint is the handle from a comfort stand point. I have the next one up, the Supreme and love it. It is super light and holds up well in both fresh and salt.
Just bought the Supreme off EBay.

Smallie_Stalker

• CM Community Diplomat
  • Good things come to those who bait !!!
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 09:59:20 AM »

I will also put my vote in for Pfluger. All I have used for a lot of years now and I have zero complaints.

Sent from my LG-H932 (LG V30 Plus) using Tapatalk

Supporting Companies: Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Fenwick  Shakespeare  Spiderwire

BrandonK

• Largemouth
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 10:41:55 AM »

I have never had any problem with and like my Mitchell 300Cís that Iíve had. Theyíre about $50. I picked up a smaller series Pfleuger Summit XT on sale for my weightless plastics rod and have been super impressed with it. Pfleuger May be my new go to

Oldfart9999

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2018, 11:21:26 AM »

The President is a good reel for the money, I buy BPS PRO QUALIFIERS, I can take them back to the store for warranty and they're built like a tank.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Bankbeater56

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2018, 05:55:39 PM »

Freaking bait monkey struck again! Just purchased a President 6930 on the Bay for 30 bucks. Haven't gone fishing in months and probably won't be going again for another couple of months but had to have another reel

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 25 queries.